Saturday, 13 September 2014

Welcome to a Saturday morning

Morning readers,
 
Here we are, challenge day again and those lovely peeps over at Simply Less Is More have challenge us bloggers to use the theme: "BEVERAGES" and, oh yes, like that wasn't enough of a challenge ... it's One Layer Card week too!
 

My card

And the co-ordinating envelope
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Impression Obsession image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft (NEW stash) sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival sienna ink
  • Kaisercraft (also new stash) holly image stamped using Adirondack bottle ink
  • Brusho in lemon, brilliant red, ultramarine and leaf green used to water colour image
  • Stardust stickles to highlight image
  • Red glitter glue used for the holly "berries"
 
And here's the set the fab "beverage" image came from ...

Yesterday I was AWOL much of the day as I headed to Swindon to meet up with Jacky, a crafter from Hastings. I met her off the train and we had an early lunch - well she HAD been making her way to Swindon since a smidge after 07:00 ... around the same time as I was woken up by someone with a broken forklift (yes, that's right, and it's probably still broken too since I can't fix them!). We lunched at the Sally Pussey Inn once again - the sausage and chips have to be seen to be believed!! Amazingly enough ... neither of us deployed the camera so (sadly, as it happens) there are no pix to share - sorry! Following our lunch we headed to Snazzy's where Val and Donald were skyping their son which gave Jacky and I plenty of time to browse ... and shop. Well, you ought to know (by now) that the chances of me escaping without some purchase.... were less than ZERO! Want to see what I came home with?
 
 
It wasn't an easy decision but I simply HAD to break open that Kaisercraft set for today's project!!!
  
Yeah, right, like I NEEDED more Christmas stamps too - but both Jacky and I were taken with these and we've both come away with them! Val finished skyping so we had a nice little chat with her about the state of things!!?!?!?!? Then it was off to Cirencester for us ..... now, it's a route I'm unfamiliar with so the satNAG was deployed and, as we neared Cirencester, we started seeing signs for the "Royal Agricultural University" and, as we pulled in to the parking lot satNag said I was 14 miles from my destination!! Never slavishly follow the blooming things!!! That would be my advice. Anyhoo, Jacky was heading to her crafting retreat and I jolly well hope she's having a fab time - hope she set her alarm too as their room was going to be available from 07:00 this morning!!!! Me? I headed home via the back roads - through Tetbury and passed the Westonbirt Arboretum so my journey home was delightful as was my day - thank you, Jacky, for suggesting that we meet up once more. Here's to next time!
 
Have a great weekend peeps ... I'm off to see what other new and interesting challenges are out there ...
 
 

16 comments:

Chrissie said...

This was really quick off the mark Kathy... one cannot fail to be impressed with such a fab one too.
I really like those Kaisercraft sentiments, I think I'll have to look out for those.
Sounds like you had a good day!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lesley Thomas said...

Wow Kathy, you had exactly the right stamp for that competition, well done, I think you deserve to win! Enjoy your crafting day.

Clare Lloyd said...

Great christmas card kathy. Loving your new stash too especially that stencil.

cheryl Baker said...

oh love this hun that is one brilliant cas card hun hugs cheryl xx

SARN said...

Well done on getting the LIM challenge done already!

Nice new goodies too.

Will e you in a min.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Great stamp and well done on it being one layer too! x

Gerrina said...

Quick made and still great CAS-card! Love the colours and super text! Sounds like a good day you had! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

Bea said...

Fab card Kathy - really like the senitment - it is very clever. Saturdays would not be the same without LiM.

Victoria said...

ha ha - now that's my kind of beverage!
Victoria
x

Ankie vd Polder said...

Great card, nice happy colors. Hugs, Ankie

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, such a fun idea!
Elaine

scrappyjacky said...

Was great to meet up with you Kathy....had a fabby time....I can't believe we forgot to ask the Snazzy lady to take a photo.
I've had a great weekend with loads of scrapping....but I wasn't in the craft room at 7am!!!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Ooooh! A super quick challenge entry and super fun image and sentiments Kathy. Love your take on challenge.
For taking part.
Sarah
Less is more

Jan Ltc said...

Great card Kathy xx Jan

scrappymo! said...

What a fun card...one that can really be appreciated when the hustle and bustle of Christmas season hits full time!

Anne said...

Gorgeous card and the perfect stamp for it Kathy! Love that stripy stencil you got
Thank you for joining our challenge this week at LIM
Anne
Less is More Designer