Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning peeps,
 
How's the week shaping up? Mine's about to go downhill - big styleeeee as I've a dental appointment this morning and it's NOT just a check up!! Ah well, I expect I'll live!
 
Yesterday it was the turn of the lovely Velma (my car) to go in for service .. dropped her off at 11:00 and headed to the mall for brunch followed by an eye test and an eye watering bill for two pairs of glasses (the 2nd pair being free!?!?!? except you get to pay extra for reactalight lenses and anti glare coating) but .... at least I should be able to see properly again! Fortunately, Velma came with a four year service plan so no out of pocket expenses there, thank goodness!

Now, here's a funny thing, after some pretty chilly weather lately, imagine our surprise when we found that not only were we able to BBQ last evening but we were even sitting outside till gone 7pm (with our books), when it started to get a bit windier - which made it feel cooler than it actually was!! Thought we'd seen our last BBQ opportunity there!
 
Anyway, onwards and craftwards ...... because I was out much of the day yesterday I didn't get round to much crafting, just one ATC to share with you today ... and my work desk, of course!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
  • Distress Inks in tumbled glass and stormy sky
  • Water flicked over ATC, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Paper Artsy grungy lines and splatter images stamped using D.I. stormy sky (which I also used to edge the finished ATC)
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Penny Black foliage image stamped twice using Versafine onyx black ink
 
And the work desk? Surprisingly enough, relatively tidy - AGAIN! Is it just me or are you all worried about the state of my desk being tidy for the THIRD WEEK?!?!?! Frankly, it's starting to look like I don't craft there anymore! It's such a teeny tiny space that I really ought to try to keep it like this - ALWAYS but I fear it won't happen, I'm just a naturally messy crafter! You can see that another cling stamp on a block has just "snuck" it's way over to the extreme left of my work space. I am, however, well pleased with the rub it scrub it stamp cleaner to the right - my alcohol free baby wipes work great but are very fibrous and it has shown in just a short while of using the rub it scrub it because it's picking all these fibres back out!!! I have to keep picking them off of the rub it scrub it! At least they're no longer on my stamps! Re-SULT! Wish I'd bought one years ago - wonder how long they last .......... anyone worn one out? How long did it take?
 
 
 
 
Have a fab (and messy) Wednesday!
 

8 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh great atc hunny love the stamps you have used and love your work space too hugs cheryl xx

vic said...

What a pretty atc love the colours :)
Vic x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Blimey! That is SUPER tidy. I feel quite ashamed as my work desk is currently to messy to actually WORK on. Tsk tsk...I really must tidy it up.

Love your ATC. The blue background works so beautifully with the black stamping. Smashing!

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Well the desk looks a whole lot tidier than usual Kathy. Sorry about the price of glasses, I'm going to be facing the same problem in a couple of weeks. I have the coatings and variable lenses too, so I think I'm going to opt for just the one pair. (and the cheapest frames I can live with).

Debs M said...

Very tidy desk! Not sure if I have heard of rub it scrub it before??? Great atc x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, your work area is really clean! Great card, love the blues and brown together and a great sentiment too! hugs :)

Deepti said...

This is beautiful! I love the blue color and pretty flowers :)

Clare Lloyd said...

Love your ATC, fab colour combo.