Be warned, this post's a bit of a marathon - you might want to take a comfort break and grab a coffee before you get cracking ...... you HAVE been warned .... but I hope you will feel it's worth it too!
|A combination of Distress Stains in spun sugar, Victorian velvet, tarnished brass, tumbled glass |
and then a squirt (or three) of the Firework lulu lavender
scrunched under cling film and left to dry
|Looking good and no brush off ..... so was it the brusho's or the perfect pearls I wonder ..... I may never know|
Just HAD to make it in to something ...... and quick!
|I quite liked this so decided to duplicate the materials |
and challenge my Isle of Skye trading card buddy
- ATC blank
- Gloss card treated with Distress Stains/firework mica spray in lulu lavender (see above)
- Clearly Inspired poppy image stamped using Ranger Archival ink
- Scarlet and brilliant red brusho crystals made up with water and watercoloured
- Hero Arts sentiment and Stampabilities border stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
|So, this is what I will be sending my trading card buddy|
1 x Distress Stain/mica spray panel, 1 stamped image and 1 stamped sentiment
Many of you may be familiar with the work of Loll Thompson, she's just launched her first youtube video on a variation of the above technique
So then, of course, I HAD to see if I could do this .... I don't have "frost paint" but I wondered whether Iridescent Medium might work instead ..... I was pretty sure that distress inks would work instead of the Stamping Up inks that Loll used. Want to see how it turned out?
|This show the frosted effect is a smidge more detail .. doesn't it?|
- Rymans 200gsm card (no need for special glossy card stock!)
- Iridescent Medium applied with scrunched up cling film/GLAD/Cellophane wrap and allowed to dry
- Distress Inks: (R-L) Ripe Persimmon & Picked Raspberry, Picked Raspberry & Squeezed Lemonade x 2, Salty Ocean & Peacock Feathers - applied with a Tim Holtz blending tool and then buffed (to remove some of the ink from the iridescent medium, to allow the shimmer to show through.
I think I like this technique - A LOT!!! SO EASY too. Do take a minute to watch Loll's lovely video. Apparently Iridesent Medium ROCKS this technique but there are probably other mediums if you don't have frost paint or I.M. .... a blogging buddy suggested liquid pearls - COULD work, she's going to be giving it a try.
I shall now be attempting (without the aid of a safety net I might add) to turn some of these panels in to something useable ..... I'm HOPING that I shall be able to stamp over the iridescent medium without issue ........
- Two of the panels (as described above)
- ATC blank
- Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Kaisercraft sentiment and Clearly Inspired coneflower (for the ATC on the left)
- Penny Black image and sentiment from the "Allegra" set of clear stamps (for the ATC on the right)
- Spray and Shine squirted over the finished ATC's to protect the Distress Inks in transit!
Cool huh? I'm dead impressed. Yes, you CAN stamp over the iridescent medium - I'm not sure how some inks would work but it worked with the Archival. It turns out that this is my fave technique in a while .... kind of addictive too ... so I simply had to try some different colours - I THOUGHT of purple but then thought no, everyone will be expecting that from me, so ....
- Ryman's 200gsm card snippets
- Distress Inks: L-R ... Salty Ocean & Stormy Sky, Festive Berry & Picked Raspberry. Peacock Feathers & Mown Lawn
Oh My - you just HAVE to try it ... I can see the above becoming some kind of Christmas project ....
You may also recall that I have been trying to finish the Me Time Messages summer school project, run by Clare.
Thought I should get my finger out since the children have returned to school. HOWEVER I rushed the back of this project and wound up hating it (well, one side of it anyway) - I share it with you so you can all see that whilst patience IS a virtue it plainly is not one I am possessed of - which (I believe) was one of the Me Time Messages earlier in the sequence!
|The BACK - sadly, I have no excuse for this - sorry peeps|
What a TOTAL dogs breakfast!!!! What WAS I thinking?!?!?!?
|The FRONT - much better|
And now for what's on my work desk ...
|TIDY? WOT AGAIN? How many weeks is this now? Scary, isn't it?|
And over at CASology their new challenge is "THREE" so I may be working on that later but I think you peeps have done well to get to the bottom of this marathon so, I'll save it for another post!!
Have a fabulous Wednesday peeps