Sunday, 19 October 2014

And it's a lazy Sunday here!

Morning,
 
It's another gorgeous looking day out there - really must get out there myself!
 
But, first, I have an ATC to share with you ..
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • DCWV green pearl card snippet
  • DCWV green metallic (linen effect) card snippet
  • White card snippet for image panel
  • Stampabilities sunflower image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Recollections "splatter" image stamped multiple times using Versacolour malted mauve ink
  • Jillibean (by Hampton Arts) sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
Since I used snippets of card I will be entering this for Di's Snippets challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.
 
And then it was on to birthday card ... what can I say? I am LOVING my new neon inks and even broke out some neon PAINT for this one!
 
 
My dayglo card!
 
And the co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gs, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Hero Arts film strip image stamped using the Hero Arts neon orange ink
  • Snippets of card in black and white
  • Michaels neon yellow acrylic paint swiped over the white card and allowed to dry
  • Stamplorations broad "swipe" image stamped using the Hero Arts neon orange ink
  • Stamplorations oval and Hero Arts small circle image stamped using Hero Arts neon pink ink
  • Inkadinkado splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Stamplorations chevrons and Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant sprayed to set the image panel
 
Think this might work for a young teen of either sex - what do you think? I'll be entering this for the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Crafting at the weekend and also for the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Seize the Birthday

Last night saw us heading out to dinner with friends (who happen to be neighbours, how lucky are we?) and we tried a restaurant that was new to all four of us ... LIME! The traffic on the journey there was DREADFUL, we tried two routes and neither was trouble free!! Food great, ambience a little less so (bit more cafeteria like than we had expected) but we'd happily go back there if we found ourselves in the vicinity again.

Woo Hoo, I just found out that I made the TOP 3 over at the Pan Pastels challenge blog, for my recent entry for their embossed challenge - no prize for top 3 but it's always lovely to know someone, somewhere, likes your work - isn't it? I'd like to thank those nice peeps at Premium for picking my entry for their top 3 and to congratulate the winner and the other two of the top 3 too!



 
 
Happy Sunday peeps, whatever you have planned

11 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card and ATC Kathy, Seeing this post at 8 57 on a Sunday Morning was a surprise.
Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

great atc and i love your neon birthday card! x

SARN said...

Love the pretty floral ATC you have there Kathy.

I put my shades on for the neon card that followed! LOVE that you're getting into your Neons xxx

Happy Sunday xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love your sunflower ATC....gorgeous.
It's definately not sunny here!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, love the ATC, the sunflower is fabulous. And the card/envelope combo is stunning too. Elizabeth xx

Bea said...

Fab birthday card Kathy - I think I may try the neon inkads when I find a local retailer.
x

MaryH said...

Kathy, saw your pretty sunflower over at the Snippets playground and zipped over for a closer look. So bright & cheerful and a good reminder that the warm season is drawing to a close. Terrific coloring too. TFS

Di said...

Oh what a super snippets make Kathy! Your colouring is gorgeous.

Why do you always write about lovely food? I'm coping with a rumbling tum here :(

Hugs

Di xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving your fabulous Sunflower ATC Kathy, the splattered background looks fabulous too.

WOW ! sunglasses at the ready for the neon card - it's stunning and I'm loving the sound of the neon inks and paints. You've done a wonderful job demonstrating what they can do.

Good to get the review of LIME too, will need to remember that for our next trip !

Right off to check the earlier posts I've missed in the past few days.

luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Sorry kathy, I forgot to congratulate you on your Top 3 achievement - WTG mrs k !

Luv
Wynneth
X

Susie Wittwer said...

What a fun birthday card! Love the neon inks!
Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)