Friday, 3 October 2014

And welcome to Friday and it's usual FUNNY!

Morning peeps,
 
How's your week been? Here's hoping it's been more of a triumph than a disaster with you. I had a lovely catch up with my crafting pal and dinner with her and her hubby and friend - thanks guys! We went here
 
Many of you readers may know that I belong to a couple of crafting forums and I was trawling HappyLittleStampers recently .... Kylie has devoted an entire section to useful tutorials and one of them took my eye, the tutorial on bouncing brayers!! Definitely a new technique to me ... I often think to myself that I SHOULD use my brayer more but I haven't the patience to make the gorgeous backgrounds produced by Barbara Grey or the peeps over at Lavinia Stamps. Sound like an interesting technique to you too? .... then why not pop along, join Happy Little Stampers, and trawl the tutorials section yourself. I've recently depleted my entire stock of THANK YOU cards so needed to re-stock and already had the sentiment mounted on an acrylic block - seemed foolish not to use it again before putting it away! Anyway, here's what I made with this technique:-
 
 
My first card
 
And a peek at the inside of my card and the envelope
 
Materials used:
  • White C6, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card for my image panel
  • Black card for matting at 1/16" with my perfect layering ruler and craft knife
  • Small brayer ..... I have a speedball brayer but decided it was going to be too big ... this one is around 3" wide
  • Kaleidacolour "pastel" palette
  • Inkadinkado Thank You wordy sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to protect the water based ink from damage in transit
 
It's not for any challenges, rather unusually, I made it ... just because I could!! And I wanted to try the particular technique. Brilliant fun to do too .... so, never one to miss the opportunity to do a thing to death! - here's another:-


The second card, just using part of the spectrum of colours - to make the design smaller
And the co-ordinating inside and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel (x 2 including insert)
  • A4 of yellow card to use for matting with 1/16" border, cut using a craft knife and my perfect layering ruler
  • Kaleidacolour "pastel" palette (I didn't ink the whole pad either - as you will see if you look at the first card - wanted a smaller image)
  • Small brayer
  • Inkadinkado word-y sentiment stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle (silver) on the card front and Spray and Shine on the inside and envelope - to protect the dye inks in transit

You will no doubt have spotted that I have topped up my stock of THANK YOU cards in a very colourful manner!

And now .... the turn of the Friday Funny, this week coming atcha courtesy of Marsha - thanks Marsha, you're in the 2014 draw! To the rest of you - ENJOY
 
 
WHY TEACHERS DRINK!!!
 
The following questions were set in last year's GED examination.  These are genuine answers (from 16 year olds) and soon they will be voting!!
 

Q. Name the four seasons.
A. Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

 

Q. How is dew formed?
A. The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

 

Q. What guarantees may a mortgage company insist on?
A. If you are buying a house they will insist that you are well endowed.

 

Q. In a democratic society, how important are elections?
A. Very important. Sex can only happen when a male gets an election.

 

Q. What are steroids?
A. Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs.    (Shoot yourself now, there is little hope!)

 

Q.. What happens to your body as you age?
A. When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.

 

Q. What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
A. He says goodbye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery.     (So true)

 

Q. What is artificial insemination?
A.. When the farmer does it to the bull instead of the cow.

 

Q. How can you delay milk turning sour
A. Keep it in the cow.      (Simple, but brilliant)

 

Q. How are the main 20 parts of the body categorized (e.g. The abdomen)?
A. The body is consisted into 3 parts - the brainium, the borax and the abdominal cavity. The brainium contains the brain, the borax contains the heart and lungs and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels: A, E, I,O,U.        (WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

 

Q. What is the fibula?
A. A small lie.

 

Q. What does 'varicose' mean?
A. Nearby.

 

Q. What is the most common form of birth control?
A. Most people prevent contraception by wearing a condominium.     (That would work)

 

Q. Give the meaning of the term 'Caesarean section'.
A. The caesarean section is a district in Rome.

 

Q. What is a seizure?
A. A Roman Emperor.      (Julius Seizure, I came, I saw, I had a fit)

 

Q. What is a terminal illness?
A. When you are sick at the airport.        (Irrefutable)

 

Q. What does the word 'benign' mean?
A. Benign is what you will be after you be eight.       (brilliant)

 

Q. What is a turbine?
A. Something an Arab or Sheik wears on his head.


 
 
 
FYI ... for those of you who spotted Lesley's comment on my blog on Wednesday regarding a new Craft Channel .... so much interest that the site crashed on Wednesday but here is the link - check it out, hopefully, they will have sorted the reason for the crash!

Have a fab Friday, I know I intend to! ... and don't forget to check out the  Hettiecraftz blog for her Friday Funny too ..
 

5 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Love your bright and cheerful cards hun, I don't have a brayer yet (on the wish list) but when I do I shall pop back for more inspiration.
Fabulous. Hugs xx

Jane said...

Another brilliant technique, will be checking that one out. I too have a brayer sitting doing nothing! And the funnies - great start to the day, laughed out loud - is that LOL?

SARN said...

Fabulously colourful brayer bouncing there Mrs.

Good on ya for trying ANOTHER new technique.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

That looks like a great technique,Kathy....and the funny today had me laughing out loud.

Lesley Thomas said...

Brilliant card, and Brilliant funnies Kathy - what on earth were those kids thinking of? What worries me is that this age group is going to be in charge of the country as I descend into old age, but my grands will be having to put up with them.

Yes, the craft channel crashed, which was a shame, but it is nice not to have to put up with interrupting presenters. What do others think?