Monday, 13 October 2014

Good Monday morning peeps

Hey there,
 
Hope your week's getting off to a good start.
 
Me? Well, hubby and I have had a very sociable weekend and I managed both a little crafting AND a little light craft retail therapy as well as a tasty steak dinner yesterday!! My steak was so big I had no chance of eating it all - in fact it was SO big that we are going to both be enjoying steak sandwiches for lunch ..... yes, THAT BIG!!
 
Anyway, I'm not one to not flog a new technique to death so here's another masculine card using the bouncing brayer technique and my new masculine toned Kaleidacolour palette. I also scooted the brayer up and down a couple of times too, to tone down the white areas .....
 
 
My card

And its co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½ cm square white card panel (x 2 including insert)
  • 14 cm square blue card panel (x 2 including insert)
  • Snippets of white and blue card for the image panel
  • Tim Holts chevron stencil was taped down on to my larger white card panels before sponging the "denim" blue ink from the Kaleidacolour palette through it, to make a border
  • After removing the stencil but leaving low tack tape in place I sponged Distress Ink in weathered wood - to soften the starkness of the white and also stamped my Recollections "splatter" image using Distress Ink in pumice stone
  • Fiskars birthdays sentiment was stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • On the smaller white card panel I used the Kaleidacolour palette and a brayer to ink my design
  • Deep blue adhesive "droplet" over the central bouncing brayer "join"
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant - to protect those water based dyes "in transit"!
 
Since snippets were deployed I shall be entering this over at Pixies Crafty Workshop where Di hosts a weekly "snippet challenge" and also for the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Crafting at the Weekend ... except (darn it) that between my publishing this post and getting up to actually enter the make ,,,, the challenge closed - OOPSIE!!! That'll teach me!
 
And now for an ATC using one of my shaving foam and ink panels
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card shaving foam and ink panel - cut to ATC size
  • Recollections "tree", sentiment and "bauble" images stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Alcohol makers to colour baubles
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
 
Woken up yesterday morning by the sound of these guys, they were about 50' above us!
 
 
What a beautiful morning AND the moon was still up ... see it?

 
 
And then we nipped out to Winter Garden Village where I hit Joann's because I had a 50% coupn burning a hole in my pocket! What did I buy?
 
You can all see the Tim Holtz stencil but the Goosebumps is the shimmer version and
the paint? Well it's neon yellow acrylic .... I seem to be in to neons right now
 
 
Happy Monday, have a great week

10 comments:

Lilian said...

two more great cards Kathy,
lovely photo of the ballons, More than you took when the ballons were supposed to be up in Bristol. New stash looking good Kathy,
Hugs lilian

Squirrel x said...

Loving your brayer cards hun - they might be the same technique but each one is so different. And you ATC is gorgeous, love the background effect. Hugs xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning matey... Lovely projects there. LOVE that blue ;oD. Gorgeous photo's AND smashing stash! something for everyone then. Sad to say the rain is lashing down here again... :o( Send us some of that sunshine over will you :o)

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Loving your takes on the male cards at the moment....I'm always finding them a problem.

SARN said...

You will definitely be lighting up your blog page with that neon paint!

Fab balloon pictures too.

Love the shaving foam ATC and the bouncing brayer card too.

Enjoy your steak sarnie.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Love your kaleidoscope card! Great colours and the chevron strip is a perfect fit! You are just rocking that shaving cream technique! Love the black on the soft orange background! hugs :)

Debs M said...

great cards/techniques = I bet you felt like you were at home with the balloons! love that stencil x

Bonnie said...

I love the technique of the first card and had never seen it! Hmmm...another technique to learn! Lovely ATC too!

Di said...

Oh I love the bouncing brayer technique Kathy! Beautiful result!

You're obviously having a grand time - I hope you watched what you were saying - apparently folk in those balloons can hear every word said on the graound. Especially as they were almost low enough to clean your windows!

Hugs

Di
xx

My name is Wynneth said...

You are so rocking that bouncing brayer technique Matey, I love this card. Great for a man in these colours but a similar design in more 'girly' colours would also look fab.

What a great shaving foam background creating a stunning Christmas ATC.

Great shot of the 'Baroons' over your house, I love those early mornings watching them float overhead. Not been quite so close as this one was to you though LOL

luv
wynneth
x