Friday, 10 October 2014

It's FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Morning all
 
 I'm sorry to hear that so many of my readers appear to be suffering with less than clement weather ... you might want to skip the next part ...... we've been enjoying some gorgeous weather, warm, sunny and none too humid either - sorry!
 
Bought some new stash recently and, you know what it's like, you want to break it open right away!!! So, that's exactly what I did ...

This ink pad lent itself to a card for a young male hence the HB2U rather than the full Happy Birthday


And the inside of the card and envelope - spotted my deliberate error???

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel (x 2 including insert)
  • Black card for matting
  • Snippets of white, Kraft and black card
  • Kaleidacolour "Denim" set of dye inks applied using the bouncing brayer technique on to the snippet of white card before matting on to black card
  • Tim Holtz chevron stencil used with a foam dabber and just the denim shade from the Kaleidacolour set of inks - you will see my happy accident - occurred thanks to my frugal crafting and the overspill from my previous experiment using the low tack tape used to hold the stencil in place - I think it just makes it slightly more interesting - thank heavens I hadn't used PINK last - not so very masculine!!!
  • I matted the chevron strip on to Kraft and then black card.
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped on the chevron panel using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Using the Kalaeidacolour palette I inked the Stamplorations "Celebrate Artsy" oval on to another snippet of white card and cut out before stamping the HB2U (from the same set) using Versafine Imperial blue ink
  • Finally, I spritzed the project with Aleene's acrylic sealant

I liked it when I finished it but it's grown on me and now I REALLY like it! I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Addicted to CAS - STENCIL .... Tim Holtz stencil, check!
  2. Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything goes! - I rest my case!
  3. A Gem of a challenge - CAS - check! ... except I was tooooooooo darn late!
  4. Freshly Made Sketches - see below

And that new stash? Aside from the card stock and the black ink it was ALL new stash! YAY! I posted a pic of my recent haul on Wednesday ... can't recall? Follow this link and enjoy!

Having used more sombre and dramatically dark colours here's a little ATC I ran up using anything but! and more new stash - just because I could!!!




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
  • All images by Stamplorations using either the "retro mod shapes" or "Celebrate Artsy" sets
  • All inks from the set of four mini neons by Hero Arts, with the addition of Versafine onyx black ink
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant sprayed to set

Very 60's psychedelic ..... does anyone else use the neons with clear stamps? Find they stain?, particularly the orange? I do love them but wish they didn't stain my new stash quite so much!
 
And now for the Friday Funny which comes via my pal, Sandra - ENJOY
 

THE SILENT TREATMENT


 


A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment.  Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife  to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight.


 
Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please wake me at 5:00 AM " He left it where he knew she would find it.
 
The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight.  Furious, he was about to  go and see why his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed. The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up."
 
Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.
 
WIFE VS. HUSBAND
 
A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position.
As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats, and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?"
 
"Yep," the wife replied , "in-laws
 
 
WOMEN'S REVENGE
 
"Cash, check or charge?" I asked, after folding items the woman wished to purchase. As she fumbled for her wallet I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse.
"So, do you always carry your TV remote?" I asked.
"No," she replied, " but my husband refused to come shopping with me, and I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him legally."
 
 
UNDERSTANDING WOMEN
 
(A MAN'S PERSPECTIVE)
I know I'm not going to understand women. I'll never understand how you can take boiling hot wax, pour it onto your upper thigh, rip the hair out by the root, and still be afraid of a spider.
 
W O R D S
 
A husband read an article to his wife about how many words women use a day... 30,000 to a man's 15,000. The wife replied, "The reason has to be because we have to repeat everything to men...
The husband then turned to his wife and asked, "What?"
 
CREATION
 
 
A man said to his wife one day, "I don't know how you can be so stupid and so  beautiful all at the same time.
" The wife responded, "Allow me to explain. God made me beautiful so you would be attracted to me; God made me stupid so I would be attracted to you!
 
WHO DOES WHAT
 
 
A man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning. The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first, and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee."
The husband said, " You are in charge of cooking around here and you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee."
Wife replies, "No, you should do it, and besides, it is in the Bible that the man should do the coffee."
Husband replies, "I can't believe that, show me."
So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says.........."HEBREWS"
 
 
God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.

 
 
Hope that brightened your day - have a fab weekend

13 comments:

Jane said...

Spectacular male card - must really find some time to try this bouncing brayer thing. Thanks for the funnies too, good to start the day with a chuckle.

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - Great Friday Funny, as usual. Sun is shining very brightly here in Essex at the moment. Let's hope it lasts :oD

Fabulous makes with your new stash. LOVE the gorgeous blue (of course) AND those neon brights!SO RETRO...

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Great male card,Kathy....and perfect funnies today!

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy, yes of course I am envious of your warm weather, but at least the sun is shining here at the moment. Love what you did with your new stash - that ATC is zingy!

Really giggled at the funnies too.

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job with your new stash! Love your card and matching envie, and your ATC is fab!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!
And...thanks so much for all the laughs :)

Louise Wright said...

I LOVE both of your cards- the colours and design of the first in particular appeal to me- goes with the big shout out title of your post. Glad you are having good weather in Florida and enjoying your new stash x

Debs M said...

great stencil and the neon looks great - bummer about the staining tho! Loving the ff - especially the in laws one! x

SARN said...

FAB bouncing around Kathy!

Cool psychedelic neon card too!

Had a right old chuckle at the Friday Funnies too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Becca Cruger said...

I love the graphic feel of your cards! Really cool.

Kylie said...

it's so great you are able to craft while away on holiday. The techniques you have used are fantastic! Perfect masculine card. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM & ATCAS xx

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Kathy. First of all, love the masculine card with the brayering technique ... so creative and so cool! And the mod card ... well, let's just say I had to go find my sunglasses! :) Fun, bright and happy!

LOVED your shtick at the end ... had me laughing ... thanks for that! And thank for joining in our challenges at ATS&M and ATCAS. Loll xx

Hettie said...

We have had a lovely day today chopping wood in the dry Welsh weather.
Tee hee! I had these on my blog in the early days but they still make me giggle.
xx

Cindy Hall said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!