|This ink pad lent itself to a card for a young male hence the HB2U rather than the full Happy Birthday|
|And the inside of the card and envelope - spotted my deliberate error???|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square white card panel (x 2 including insert)
- Black card for matting
- Snippets of white, Kraft and black card
- Kaleidacolour "Denim" set of dye inks applied using the bouncing brayer technique on to the snippet of white card before matting on to black card
- Tim Holtz chevron stencil used with a foam dabber and just the denim shade from the Kaleidacolour set of inks - you will see my happy accident - occurred thanks to my frugal crafting and the overspill from my previous experiment using the low tack tape used to hold the stencil in place - I think it just makes it slightly more interesting - thank heavens I hadn't used PINK last - not so very masculine!!!
- I matted the chevron strip on to Kraft and then black card.
- Stamplorations sentiment stamped on the chevron panel using Versafine onyx black ink
- Using the Kalaeidacolour palette I inked the Stamplorations "Celebrate Artsy" oval on to another snippet of white card and cut out before stamping the HB2U (from the same set) using Versafine Imperial blue ink
- Finally, I spritzed the project with Aleene's acrylic sealant
I liked it when I finished it but it's grown on me and now I REALLY like it! I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- Addicted to CAS - STENCIL .... Tim Holtz stencil, check!
- Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything goes! - I rest my case!
- A Gem of a challenge - CAS - check! ... except I was tooooooooo darn late!
- Freshly Made Sketches - see below
And that new stash? Aside from the card stock and the black ink it was ALL new stash! YAY! I posted a pic of my recent haul on Wednesday ... can't recall? Follow this link and enjoy!
Having used more sombre and dramatically dark colours here's a little ATC I ran up using anything but! and more new stash - just because I could!!!
- ATC blank
- Snippet of white card cut to ATC size
- All images by Stamplorations using either the "retro mod shapes" or "Celebrate Artsy" sets
- All inks from the set of four mini neons by Hero Arts, with the addition of Versafine onyx black ink
- Aleene's acrylic sealant sprayed to set
Very 60's psychedelic ..... does anyone else use the neons with clear stamps? Find they stain?, particularly the orange? I do love them but wish they didn't stain my new stash quite so much!