Sunday, 26 October 2014

Morning and it's another Sunday

Morning all and welcome to another Stupendous Sunday - least I hope it is with you.

Hope you all remembered to change your clocks (in the U.K.) and weren't caught out this morning!
 
I know that the dregs of Hurricane Gonzalo swept through the U.K. recently and I hope it's well and truly gone by now and that you are all OK readers.
 
You know how easy it is to get side tracked when you are crafting? Well it IS in my particular crafting area anyway. I set off to make a thank you card and was rummaging through my stash when I spotted a set of stamps recently acquired - they were calling to me!!
 
My card - so much for THANK YOU!
 
And the co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • C6 card blank made from Bristol board and matching sized envelope
  • Kraft card, black card, white card snippets and two pieces of patterned card from the DCWV Grandma's kids stack
  • Art Impressions image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour - now I broke out my stash of Spectrum Noirs which are less than one year old and don't get used a whole lot - THREE of them had completely dried up and, yes, the lids WERE firmly capped too! Disappointed? Hell yeah .... so much for being a cheaper alternative to copics - shan't be buying any more of those.
  • Luminarte shimmer spray to bling it up a bit, as if those earrings weren't enough!!!
 
I'll be entering this card for the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Simon Says Stamp. Of course, they are being sponsored by Hero Arts but ... as part of my being side tracked guess what? Forgot to use H.A. image!! Oooops, fortunately it's not a MUST use this challenge. I'll also be entering this over at Di's snippets challenge at Pixie's Crafty Workshop

It's Rudolph Day over at Stampng for Pleasure and Sarn has established the rule for 2014 that all entries must feature TWO Christmas cards in order to be eligible. And, over on Craftbubble (registration required) Nicola has set a Rudolph Day challenge with the theme of "GIFTS" so .....


My card
And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13.5cm square white card panel (x 2 including insert)
  • 14cm square gold linen effect card from a DCWV stack
  • Recollections parcels stamped using Memento rosebud, sweet plum and tuxedo black inks
  • MSE sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stickles (stardust and green) to highlight

Of course, I also used the sketch for Crazy for CAS so will be entering it there too.

The Crazy for CAS sketch I used

And my second entry ......



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card
  • Die cut white plain and scallop edged circle
  • Distress Ink in barn door used to colour the scallop edged circle - I then overstamped the Stamplorations grungey grid using Versacolour gold ink
  • On the smaller circle I stamped the Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image using Memento tuxedo black, the Recollections star image using Versafine vintage sepia and the Sparkle 'n Sprinkle pine bough with the Versacolour gold inks
  • Alcohol markers to colour the image and stardust stickles to highlight .... in the case of the stars I sprinkled gold glamour dust too!
  • Recollections sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink

This will also be entered over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge where her theme is: "If you want to get ahead get a hat"

And, lastly, on the crafting front .... over at Simply Less Is More the new challenge is to create a Clean And Simple card with ....... newsprint!




Materials used:
  • 15 cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and a matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of black, grey, metallic green card ..... and (of course) newsprint!
  • I dabbed Hero Arts neon inks (green/orange and pink) on to the newsprint and scrap of white card
  • Inkadinkado foliage stamped on to the newsprint and the TPC Studio sentiment on to the white snippet using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Crop-a-dile used to punch two holes in to the sentiment strip and two silver brads added
  • Aleene's acrylic spray (to protect in transit) and Luminarte shimmer spray to bling it up!

Last night saw us out to dinner with friends who also happen to be neighbours - this is becoming a bit of a habit, and a very pleasant one at that.

Not the normal thing you see in a hotel!


And the bar!
 

Have a fantabulous Sunday

25 comments:

Debs M said...

wow you have been busy! Great cards - love the plane image and the newspaper print one looks great! x

cheryl Baker said...

oh brilliant post this morning hun your cards are so so stylish and love how you decorate your envelopes hun so effective i adore the,presents one hugs Cherylxxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great selection of cards Kathy, and I'm envious of where you manage to get to eat these days. I can't see a UK hotel being able to have that set up, can you?

Lauren Hatwell said...

I can't BELIEVE you went to the fabulous Gaylord Palms WITHOUT ME!!! I am SO jealous! Hope you had a cocktail for me. Least you could do really ;oD

Bleugh...I do not like those Gaitors though. They are super scarey...

A fabulous array of cards to brighten my Sunday Your Purpleness. I see Mr Mojo is firing on all cylinders. Particularly love that aeroplane image. Can't think what drew you to it (wink) and I love the Newsprint with the flower stamped over the top too. Smashing!

Enjoy your day.

Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

I can't BELIEVE you went to the fabulous Gaylord Palms WITHOUT ME!!! I am SO jealous! Hope you had a cocktail for me. Least you could do really ;oD

Bleugh...I do not like those Gaitors though. They are super scarey...

A fabulous array of cards to brighten my Sunday Your Purpleness. I see Mr Mojo is firing on all cylinders. Particularly love that aeroplane image. Can't think what drew you to it (wink) and I love the Newsprint with the flower stamped over the top too. Smashing!

Enjoy your day.

Lx

Marlieke said...

You've made a nice card with the CFC sketch.
Thank you For joining us at CFC.

Mrs A. said...

Loads of fabby cards. Your post made great reading on how you made them all. The last two pics are awesome. hugs Mrs A.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wow what a fabulous selection of cards and photos Kathy. You've been super busy. Love all the card designs and can't chose between them.
Thanks as always for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Hazel said...

What a wonderful card. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 200- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

SARN said...

Hi Kathy . . . Mr Mojo is alive and kicking with you then!

Loving all the cards you've posted today for various challenges. I esp. love that penguin in the hat though!

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Wow! So many wonderful cards They are all lovely but my fave is the last one. I always love the stamped image over script look!

Chrissie said...

My goodness you've been busy.
This is a great bunch of work Kathy Love the newsprint one!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathleen said...

I think you are spoiling us with this post, some fabulous makes and love the Christmas ones such a cute image for the second card.

Kath x

Sally H said...

two wonderful Christmas cards and I love your other makes too! Gorgeous!

Virginia Lu said...

Beautiful coloring, Kathy! I love the pattern paper with the colored image on kraft card stock! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Get Crafty” Challenge!

Anne said...

Whew what a super bunch of cards Kathy! Love the shimmer and subtle colour on your newsprint card
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Sid said...

Fab LIM card Kathy !

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh my mrs k, haven't you been a busy bee ! Fabulous creations, love them all. The first one made me smile it's such a fun image, no wonder you gad to acquire it !

You do so well with entering all the different challenges, good luck with them all.

Sooo envious of your visit to the Gaylord, it's looking splendid as usual, how were the cocktails ? Did you also eat in there ? How was it ?

Must try and enter the LIM challenge more regularly, your entry has inspired me.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Di said...

Gosh you're a busy girl Kathy! LOVE your cards of course - and am wondering if that crocodile had a ticking noise coming from its tummy?

Thank you for playing in the Snippets Playground with us :)

Hugs

Di xx

Scrapmate said...

Love all your cards.

Loll Thompson said...

Wow ... you've been busy Kathy!! Four fabulous cards. LOVE the fun image of your first card ... they look like they are having a blast!! Two sweet Christmas cards ... and one fabulous card with the newsprint ... so beautiful with the sponged background and silhouette flower. Thanks for sharing! Loll xx

Evy Goyens said...

Wow, you've made a lot of cards!
I like your card, it has just the right amount of bling ;-)

hugs, Evy

Guest DT for Crazy for CAS

Miranda Mols said...

Nice. Thanks for joining CFC

Yvonne van Bruggen said...

What a wonderful idea to use presents! Thank you for joining Crazy for CAS!

Anja Curvers said...

Awesome cards love them. Great idea with the inside and the envelop. Thanks for joining us over at Crzay for CAS.