Saturday, 18 October 2014

Saturday and another challenge day here in paradise!

Morning peeps,
 
Greetings from a warm and sunny location! The sun is shining and the pool? Well, suffice it to say that it looks very inviting however, before I go and "chunky dunk" I've some crafting to share with you.
 
I recently bought this set of image and sentiment from my must visit store, Violette's in Lakeland - if you ever find yourself around here then you MUST make a trip!......
 
 
Here's my card

And a close up of the image panel - isn't she so gross she's gorgeous!!!

And the insert and envelope, to co-ordinate

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • Mid blue and deep blue card - for matting
  • Art Impressions image (and matching sentiment from the same set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Birthday sentiment (by TPC Studio) stamped using Versafine onyx black, for the insert and envelope

I'm going to be entering the above card over at That Craft Place where the current challenge is:- "girls but no pink" ..... the only pink in my make is that on her cheeks and I HOPE you will forgive me that one!

Now, as you regular readers will know, today is my usual challenge day so check out some of my preferred Saturday challenge blogs - they can be seen in my right hand side bar ..... I usually try to enter some challenges regularly and endeavour to comment on as many entries as possible so, if I haven't visited your blog post then - my apologies - it's nothing personal, I'm real busy for the next few weeks but then hopefully, normal service will resume!

One such challenge blog is Simply Less Is More and, since discovering CAS (Clean And Simple), I have found my card making niche ..... not that it's as easy as it sounds and (TRUST ME) many CAS cards end up either being recycled or in the bin! Their challenge this week is:- "Little Creatures" so I may be back with a card later ..... in the meantime, here IS a little creature that was giving us a bit of a tricky issue we've had with the car ......


Can't go anywhere with this little chap on the wheel!!!


Happy Saturday

12 comments:

Louise Wright said...

Ok, Ok don't rub it in... ;-) It's def not pool weather here! Warm for Oct though (but very damp).
Your card is super duper. LOVE that image!
Did the little fellow move in the end so you could use the car?

Pamellia Johnson said...

Love your card Kathy, just hilarious! Nice shot of the critter on your tire, hope you didn't have to wait too long for him to vacate! lol :)

SARN said...

FABULOUS dahling!

I like a bit of humour on cards.

Hope the lizard has stopped taking you hostage now and you've been allowed out and about!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Great card....love that sentiment.

Sharon Noble said...

Such a fab card x love it and love the wee critter on your wheel super cute xxxx

Hettie said...

Bwahahahahahaaa! Love that card. Your critter is lovely too.
Chin Chin!! Hic!
Hugs
xx

Deepti said...

I love ur card, great sentiment, awesome coloring. Critter is a bit scary for me ;)

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. The image is just great. Little lizard is to cute ,
Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

She is fabulous and I couldn't agree more with the sentiment!! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh my, no wonder this fabulous stamp had to come home with you from Violette's. Fabulous colouring too matey. Good luck with challenges.

Hope little 'Eddie' didn't keep you trapped at home for too long !

luv
wynneth
x

Loll Thompson said...

LOVE this image Kathy ... yes, she is GORGEOUS! :) Great sentiment ... and so true!! :)

The little creature on your tire is creepy. Uggghh! Loll xx

cheryl Baker said...

that is one super image lol love it,great sentiment,bless you for playing at that craft place,hugs Cherylxxxx