Saturday, 4 October 2014

Saturday - it's normally challenge day for me

Morning,

Shaping up to be a bit of a glorious day today, cold front approaching later though and tomorrow should be GORGEOUS!!

Anyway, enough of this ..... it's challenge day and, over at Simply Less Is More their new colour challenge is: AUTUMN'S BOUNTY!



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • Kraft card for matting
  • Snippet of card from which I cut the apertures for the above image and sentiment through which I sponged the following Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap and Peeled Paint - to simulate leaves turning from green to brown!
  • Leaf image and sentiment by TPC Studio and stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Grungy background grid image (from my recent delivery from Stamplorations) stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink

I alsodecided to have a little play earlier in the week, with shaving foam and inks - to see the full extent of my "playing" then please continue below this card - and even take a moment to watch the video, if you have the time

My thank you card

A closer view of the background panel

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Panel of shaving foam/ink
  • Black card and champagne coloured glitter card - for matting
  • Clearly Inspired coneflower (sorry Sarn!) and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

And here's the inside and the envelope to have a peek at too - you're not wrong, it's yet another thank you card - well, I DID say I had used up my entire stock now .... didn't I?




And now to share the entire experiment with you - here are the batch results of my happy half hours work!!!


 
Materials used:
  • Paper plate (for easy clean up)
  • Gourmet coffee shop wooden stirrer
  • Ranger plastic spreader (though an old credit card would do at least as well)
  • CHEAP shaving foam (it DOES need to be foam) - I used Tescos it's about 30p and goes for miles
  • Clear plastic ruler (for the removal of excess inky foam)
  • Paper towel
  • Adirondack espresso, Dylusions bubblegum pink and vibrant turquoise inks. I don't have many re-inkers so thought I'd be clever and drip Dylusions - WRONG! They don't LIKE to drip but, splodging seemed to work almost as well once you'd smooshed the colour about!
  • A number of pieces of card (have them handy - it's surprising how far this will go without re-inking ... you can just spread the colour about though, obviously, the colour intensity will decrease with every impression
Everything re-useable just washed out under the tap and the paper towel and plate? Well those just got filed in the bin!! And who DOESN'T love easy peasy?!?!? Now I have lots of backgrounds and just need a project to use them on .... Want to see how it was done? Then watch the Barbara Grey video here ..... enjoy!
 
 
 

We nipped out yesterday to find a store that I had heard about and, whilst we were out, I SWEAR our car found its way to the mighty Manny's ..... people who know me personally will know how we both love this restaurant and yesterdays early dinner was no exception!!! You've to be there pretty sharpish as they open - if you don't want a wait! We got there about 20 minutes late and had to have a high top table but still, within 15 minutes they were lined up out the door waiting for a table!!! The 7oz filet mignon was well up to its usual standard!!!

Although I didn't get a pic I CAN share our recent afternoon tea with you!!



Have a fab Saturday
 

18 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the effect you've got on the first card.

Neets B said...

I love the uneven aperture on your first card, such a striking effect. And I can see some re-inkers getting added to my wishlist now. Fab backgrounds for half an hour's work!

SARN said...

Love the autumn card AND the pretty cone flower on top of the shaving foam background of course!!!!

The High Top Table sound very grand!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Louise Wright said...

both cards are fab. I especially like the shaving foam vivid backgrounds that you have made ready for use soon...
Hope the journey state-side was OK and you are not too jet lagged. Get that prize you were looking forward to or the Stamplorations order?
Enjoy your weekend x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well two scrumptious looking cards to go with your scrumptious looking cream tea there Your Purpleness. A veritable FEAST for the eyes...slurp!

Lx

Chrissie said...

Great backgrounds here Kathy!
I love those autumnal tones!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

LesleyG said...

Loved your autumn blessings, then I saw your coneflower,and wow what fab foam effects. that tea looked scrummy too xxx

Helen J said...

Lovely cards - I must try that shaving foam technique again some time!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Love your autumn combination of colours Kathy and a superb card. Thanks for all the techniques you've shown and what a lovely place to stop for lunch.
Thanks as always for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Lesley Thomas said...

My you were busy yesterday - still, with a tummy full of yummy food, I suppose that sustained you. LOL.

herminesplace said...

Beautiful!

Sid said...

Great leafy card Kathy !

Lilian said...

Love the back grounds kathy. The cards are great to. Love the colour of the first one,

I have to get some of them inks and have a go with the shaving foam,

Lilian

Debs M said...

great makes - loving the shaving foam backgrounds! x

Lynne said...

Great makes and technique Kathy. Love your LiM card, gorgeous colours.
Lynne xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Love your autumnal LIM card, you do this technique soooo well mrs k.

Great effects with the shaving foam, I still haven't given it a try - I really must. I love that coneflower image and it looks fab against the pretty background.

Mr tom says "how dare you visit Manny's without him LOL

Your afternoon tea looks scrumptious.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Pamellia Johnson said...

Fantastic CAS cards Kathy! I really love the soft purples of the second card and the vibrant colours for autumn! Love the shaving cream technique but man, do I ever make a mess! big hugs :)

Anne said...

Kathy your autumn card is fab, LOVE those backgrounds you created, looks like you had a lot of fun!

Thanks so much for joining us in our autumn challenge
Anne
LIM Designer