Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Tuesday and an unusual day for me to post ...

Morning all,
 
I know I don't usually post on a Tuesday these days but I have had an unusually creative couple of days and, if I stuck to my regular posting days, these posts would be photo heavy .... so, what have I to share with you today then? It's two cards today ..... without further ado, here is the first of them:-
 
My card - I realised that all of my makes in the last week appear to be MASCULINE cards - how DID that happen?
Time to change tactics .....

And a close up but I'm still not sure you get the full sparkly-ness of the Luminarte shimmer

And here's the inside and the envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel (x 2 including the insert)
  • 14cm green floral DCWV card stock from the Olde World stack (x 2 including the insert)
  • Die cut white cardstock - one plain circle one scallop edged circle
  • Snippets of green floral cardstock (as above) and pearlised green DCWV card
  • Length of lace
  • Penny Black image partially stamped on to the plain circle using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image and outer edge of scallop edged circle
  • Recollections "splatter" image stamped around image using Versacolour gold ink
  • Luminarte shimmer spray to bling up the image panel
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
 
And now for the second:-
 
My masculine card - oops, that plan didn't last long did it???

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • DL gloss card stock blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card snippets and black card
  • Bakers twine in black/white, grey/white and tan/white
  • Tim Holtz clock face stencil
  • Distress Inks: antique linen, tea dye, pumice stone
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant - to protect those water based inks in transit!
 
Have a fab Tuesday



9 comments:

SARN said...

One for the boys, one for the girls . . . very even-handed of you Kathy.

Both TERRIFIC and I like the gold bling.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Goodness you HAVE been busy haven't you. Two smashing cards there. I particularly love those cogs. Aren't they FAB! Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

I have some luminate paints Kathy, cute topper too. I agree, nice to see a lady's card, then you slipped back again.

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy. I love the top image she is cute,
Hugs
lilian

Deepti said...

These are so amazing !! I love the gold splatter on the first card :)

scrappyjacky said...

Love the lace on the first one.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wonderful cards Kathy! I love the shimmer around your image on the first card and that lace is gorgeous! Great use of Tim's stencil on the second card, love the tall slim shape too! hugs :)

Debs M said...

great cards - well done on putting your new stencil to use so quickly! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabulous creations Kathy, love that spatter image - a LOT !

I don't have many masculine cards in my stock, I really must remedy that so I don't have to rush a last minute card when needed.

Looks like the Aleene's acrylic sealant is working well, don't know if it's available in the UK.

luv
wynneth
x