Sunday, 12 October 2014

Welcome to another lazy Sunday

Morning folks
 
Yesterday I was talking about how some challenges are "must enters" and here is a make for the current challenge over at one of those blogs! Simply Less Is More have a new challenge with the theme of: "TWO" .... and, this time, I DIDN'T forget that it was One Layer Card week either!!! Yee Haa ... I cant tell you  how many times I've made a card only to discover that it isn't One Layer and therefore not eligible.

There you go - two bears on a sled!
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white , 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado image stamped using Versafine majestic blue ink
  • Inkadinkadosentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Distress Inks in barn door and weather wood used to water colour the image
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
 
You know how you sometimes have what you think is a BRILLIANT idea and crack on ..... only to discover you don't think it's so great when you've finished it? Well, that's how I felt about the card above so, there was nothing for it but to have another go! THIS is the card I will be entering over at Simply Less Is More



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white , 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Hero Arts square image stamped twice using Hero Arts neon pink ink
  • Hero Arts heart image stamped twice using Distress Ink in barn door
  • Hero Arts flower image stamped randomly using the Hero Arts neon orange ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant to seal and protect - wish I'd used it BEFORE the stickles though - as it dried it bled just a little - grr.

What do you think? Does it ruin the card, SHOULD I scrap it and start again? I really like the way it turned out otherwise so would happily make the same design again but would seal it BEFORE applying the stickles ..... one of the downsides of using Distress Inks I guess.

Here's another challenge I might  have a go at shortly .... over at Festive Friday those good peeps do the best they can to keep us crafters up to date with our Christmas card quota and have a photo challenge this week - check it out, lush isn't it?


Have a fab Sunday .... it's Bonnie's birthday today so - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bonnie, hope you got that decorating finished!

16 comments:

SARN said...

I'd redo it Kathy . . . you'll NEVER be happy with it otherwise . . . the bleeding ink will always annoy you!

Love from the Hard Taskmaster!

Really like the cute bear card too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Nifty cards to stick to the challenge rules Kathy. I am used to using more than one layer too, so it takes some dialling back to stick to one layer. Love the decorated chairs, I have some like that, so I would really only need to get the wide ribbon.
(a bit cheaper than having to buy the chairs too, LOL).

Debs M said...

2 great cards - love that stamp of the bears on a sledge - loving the photo challenge too! x

Loli said...

Hola Kathy.
Both cards are perfect CAS cards, the first one is so sweet i like the bears, and the second one is simply perfect, i like the colours.
Hugs from Palma

Laurie Unger said...

I'd probably redo it myself. It would bug me too much. But that is the perfectionist in me. It's a great CAS card, both of them. TFS - oh, and that photo challenge, hmmm...it's crazy good!

LesleyG said...

Lovely cards, shame about the stickles, but the design would definitely be worth trying again, it's fab xxx

Loll Thompson said...

Two great cards Kathy. I love the first one with the sled ... adorable ... I think it's great even if you are not happy with it.

As far as the bleeding heart :) ... I know what you mean about it being annoying when that happens at the end. I tend to re-do things just for my own peace of mind ... but honestly, I kinda' like the look of the bleed. Maybe add a little more to the second heart so it looks like it was done on purpose. :) Loll xx

Jan Ltc said...

Great card Kathy xx Jan

Chrissie said...

These are great fun Kathy!
Thank you very much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

cheryl said...

These are 2 super cards hun great designs hugs cheryl xxx

Hettie said...

Lovely card there Kathy. I have been in that boat too you know, but I usually keep quiet about it and don't fess up!!
Hugs
xx

Anne said...

I love your first creation Kathy, and not being a perfectionist I think the hearts look arty as is!
Thanks so much for joining us in our one layer challenge
Anne
LIM Designer

Lilian said...

Two great cards Kathy, I know you will not be happy with the second card so redo it if it makes you feel it has to be redone, Hugs
lilian

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wonderful CAS cards Kathy! Love the snow business sentiment, so cute for Christmas! The glitter on your hearts is such a pretty touch! hugs :)

Sid said...

Loving both your cards Kathy, but I prefer the one with the twin hearts !!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Two super perfect and divine cards Kathy. I do love the sentiment on the first one in particular.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More