Saturday, 11 October 2014

Welcome to Challenge Saturday

Morning all and welcome to Challenge Day - for me anyway!
 
I like to enter some challenges as regularly as possible and then some that just take my fancy ......
 
Here's one that ticks both boxes! The sketch over at Happy Little Stampers
 
 
My card

And the co-ordinating envelope
 
Materials used:
  • C6 card blank constructed from 300gsm Bristol board, matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white, black and glittered card
  • Using Hero Arts neon green ink I stamped Stamplorations grungey grid and Recollections splatter image and let dry .... I originally inked this a couple of days ago but the card turned in to a complete disaster so I never finished it - lucky for me, huh?
  • Recollections trio of trees and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant sprayed to prevent accidental water damage in transit!
 
And the sketch? Well, you can see I rotated it but ....
 
 
If I'm quick I can also make this an entry for the "Splatter" challenge over at CASology too!

Yesterday I was definitely in to messy "fun with shaving foam" mode!!! I recently bought some inks I thought might work for Christmas projects. Want to see?

Add ink to shaving foam - don't worry too much about being neat - you can see that I didn't!!

Swirl it around - have some fun! I used a pencil, necessity being the mother of invention!

Simple materials used

And some finished "pieces" - just waiting to be made in to something else

Materials used:
  • Paper plate (snagged courtesy of my neighbour, Sally, thanks pal!)
  • Shaving foam (shamelessly stolen from my hubby - it's OK, it doesn't use much!) - spread it out evenly - I used an old store card
  • Inks ..... I used a combination: Adirondack red pepper and butterscotch spray inks, Tsukineko lavender and Distress Ink picked raspberry re-inker. Dot (or in my case SPLODGE) inks - not necessary to be too tidy with your placement
  • Swirl the inks around (I used a pencil - everything washes off so can be used again) till you like the pattern
  • Smoosh your paper snippets in to the foam - it's best to have a pile ready to "smoosh" remove, scrape off excess shaving foam (I used a clear plastic ruler for this) and return to paper plate.
  • Place inked cardstock somewhere to dry off properly
  • You can smooth and swirl after each "smooshing" ... as you can see, the colours gradually "mute" a little more each smoosh but you can get loads out of a good squirt of shaving foam and just a few drops of inks ... have fun peeps!
  • It's best to have some paper towel to clean up after each "smoosh" but, once you're done, the paper plate can be disposed of and the pencil, ruler, store card can all simply be run under the tap/faucet and dried, ready to start the next project!

So, here's what made it in to cards, using one of the darker and one of the lighter pieces, some black card and some red and brick coloured card and stamped with trees and sentiment from Recollection


A card made using one of the early prints, with the deeper colours
 
And one of the later (and more muted) prints

I was delighted to find that one of my CAS cards had been showcased over at Simply Less Is More - thanks so much ladies. This is one of my "must enter" challenges!



Have a fab Saturday

8 comments:

Debs M said...

great makes - love the technique and well done on having one of your cards showcased - popped over for a quick look to see which one it was. Loving the snowflakes behind the text x

Lesley Thomas said...

Great cards Kathy, I have everything to play with the foam, just not got around to it. I'm excited at starting a new long term quilt yesterday, so I think cards will sit out for a while.

SARN said...

Congrats on being showcased at LIM Kathy.

I can tell you're having a ball with the shaving foam technique. Super backgrounds and great tree stamping on top! WTG! xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great cards Kathy, I have everything to play with the foam, just not got around to it. I'm excited at starting a new long term quilt yesterday, so I think cards will sit out for a while.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Oh wow! I love that marbling technique and the green splatters look great too - wonderful ways to add colour behind the silhouettes of the trees! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Kathy!

cheryl said...

Oh these are great cards hun love the marbaling technique hugs cheryl xxx

Hettie said...

I wonder where Hubby's shaving foam is.....see Sam going off to the bathroom for a rummage in the cabinet!
Likie.
xx

Gillian R said...

what a wonderful technique, so creative. Thank you so much for joining this week at CASology