Friday, 24 October 2014

Welcome to the start of another weekend

Morning all,
 
Hope you've enjoyed a great week.

Be warned! It's been a fairly craft-y couple of days since my last post so you might want to grab a coffee before you start reading properly - it's a photo heavy post!!!!
 
And here's a quick card to share with you, using an image I stamped ages ago ...... the stamp belongs the other side of the pond and I can't remember who it's by but I'm THINKING Art Impressions ... if you know better then please leave me a message in the comments
 
My card
 
And, despite not having the actual stamp in my hot sticky little hands, I THINK
I've managed to co-ordinate the insert and envelope -  hope so anyway!
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 2 x 13½cm and 2 x 14cm white card panels - the larger ones edged with a red copic marker to match the frame of the image
  • Hero Arts "dots" image stamped using Memento grape jelly
  • Clearly Wordsworth sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Focal image (see above) stamped using Versamark ink before violet pan pastel applied over the image panel
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant sprayed over the bits that might be damaged by water in transit and then I sprayed Luminarte shimmer spray over the image panel to "bling it up"!
 
 
And another, utilising an image stamped and coloured a while ago ...


My card

And the, hopefully, co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card, black card, snippet of green DCWV card
  • Cream ribbon
  • PSX (I think) image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Since I don't have the PSX stamp to hand I used the Stampabilities image for the insert and envelope, hoping it looks similar enough to co-ordinate!

I'll be entering this card for the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Through the Craft Room Door and for the (PIN)spirational photo challenge

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982011016413/

The above cards complete my commission from my neighbour although, should she not like any of those made previously, I may end up making more!

Over at Freshly Made Sketches they have a new sketch - rather fab isn't it?


So ....... I thought I would have a go:-

My card

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • C6 card blank made with 300gsm Bristol Board, matching sized envelope
  • White card, blue card, brick card - for matting and layering
  • Shaving foam experiment panel on to which I stamped my Penny Black image using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Die cut fancy square on to which I stamped my Penny Black sentiment using Ranger Rchival watering can ink
  • Two glitter droplets in an orange tone, to pick out one of the colours in the shaving foam swirls

And, finally, Cute Card Thursday are having a "Trick or Treat" challenge:-


My card

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Black card for matting
  • Snippet of white card on to "witch" I stamped my image ( a little while ago now and I don't have the stamp with me to check who the manufacturer is - can anyone help me out here?) using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Dusty Concorde distress ink sponged around the outside of the image and the base panel before spritzing with water, allowing to develop and then blotting with paper towel. For the insert I cut an aperture in to a spare piece of card, to use as a mask and sponged through - quite effective, IMHO
  • Dries clear glue "painted" on to the moon and then glamour dust liberally sprinkled to glam it up!
  • TPC Studio sentiment and Hampton Art "cobweb" and "spider" stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink

There! Nothing else necessary - in my opinion, don't know what you think .... I DID think about adding a sentiment to the front but, I don't have a "heavy" font "thank you" and anything less would run the risk of just getting lost in the dark purple background.

After having to wait in for several days for contractors (one of whom never did show up!) we decided to take a day out ...... and stopped in downtown Winter Haven

We parked in the lot adjacent to this fountain
Check it out ..... the water is PINK!


And around this little park were some interesting statues

See what I mean? This is made from driftwood


And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of PatG - a trading card buddy. I hope you will enjoy this reminder that there's some NASTY SCHTUFF going on out there!!!!!
 
 


*ATTENTION: VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION *

A VIRUS is going round called *Housework*.


If you feel the need to start housework - Stop Immediately !!


 


This virus affects your sleep and wipes out your social life.


It causes you to be late for luncheons with friends and disrupts coffee get-togethers.


It makes you grumpy and irritable.



If you should come in contact with housework, go straight to the nearest store and get the only known antidotes, which are called CHOCOLATE and WINE.
 
Please forward this warning immediately to a least 6 friends. If you realize you do not have 6 friends, you are already infected !

 
 
Have a great weekend


9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely selection of cards,Kathy....I love the sunflower.....and,of course....the 'funny'.

SARN said...

Think ALL the cards you've shown here are great Kathy.

I can see you've been using up your shaving foam backgrounds to great effect too.

Pink water in the fountain eh? Di would like that!

Liked the FF . . . unfortunately I have contracted the virus and cannot shake (and vac) it out of my system.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy. All fabulous, as ever but my ever so special favourite is that gorgeous sunflower card. I LOVE it!

Sorry to hear pesky contractors didn't show. Bet you're already looking forward to telling them the work has been completed by SOMEONE ELSE :oD

Have a great weekend.

Lx

Hettie said...

Great cards there Kathy. Especially love the shaving foam and witchey cards. There is a little witch in all of us you know! (Quote out of one of my all time favourite films....Practical Magic!)
Very funny funny. Sandra obviously needs to get back into her craft room and soon! Alternatively she can pop over my house and do mine! FAT chance of that!
Hugs
xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab makes. Love the sunflower card and the pink water fountain!

Debs M said...

Great makes - loving the witch card and I think you're right about the sentiment! Ooh pink fountain - shouldn't be too hard to make it purple! x

catherine said...

Hi Kathy- Fabulous pieces of work and just love how you do your envelopes and card insides to match.
Great pics and hope your having a fabulous time. Love the Friday funny!!
x catherine

My name is Wynneth said...

What a fine set of cards you've created mrs k, all so different and all splendid.

Tanks so much for playing along with this weeks CCT challenge, loving your witchy card.

Nic pix from your day out too - what a fabulous pink fountain, love it !

Great FF too, luckily I believe I have a natural immunity to this virus so very little chance of spontaneous housework breaking out here LOL

Luv
Wynneth
X

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Beautiful creations! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper