Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Welcome to Wednesday

Morning all,

Welcome to another WOYWDW - here's hoping that weather has dried up for you all ..... if not, then feel free NOT TO READ the next sentence. It's another lovely day here (sorry) ... mind you, we had a tremendous storm late yesterday afternoon, with thunder, lightning and TORRENTIAL rain - there, feel better now?!?! EDITED TO READ: now chucking it down, apparently we're catching the outer extremity of a hurricane which is passing off the coast. All I can say is thank heavens it's no closer!!

I've an ATC to share with you today ....
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of blue card cut to ATC size
  • Snippet of white card
  • Distress Inks: peacock feathers, crushed olive, faded jeans
  • Stamplorations grungey circle stamped using Color Box white ink
  • Fiskars sentiment and Inkadinkado thistle image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant - to protect the water based inks
 
And I also made a card using a technique I spotted on Julia's blog ..... see it here


My card

And a close up showing the luminarte shimmer spray

And the insert and envelope to co-ordinate
Made my own stencil using two sizes of EK Success retro flower punch

Materials used:
  • White C6 card blank made by using Bristol Board and a shop bought matching sized envelope
  • Black card for matting
  • White Bristol Board snippet, cut to size
  • Distress Inks in picked raspberry and peacock feathers applied using a Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad
  • Water spritzed over the panel
  • White gesso was then applied through my home made stencil using a sponge dabber (the same method was used on the sentiment panel)
  • Black satin ribbon
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped over the smaller panel using Versafine onyx black ink
  • I used a TPC Studio flower to co-ordinate the insert and envelope
  • Pink glitter "droplet" to highlight the sentiment panel

Basic description of technique:
  1. Apply distress ink to your card, spritz with water
  2. Apply white paint or ink (or, in my case, white gesso) through stencil overlapping/stippling/varying coverage till happy - I didn't wait till the spritzed water dried and I think it makes for a more mute effect if you don't! As a technique it really couldn't be simpler and I am loving the more mute shades from otherwise pretty vibrant colours

I'm going to be entering my card for the following challenges:-

Here is Julia's smashing original make .... if you want more details of this technique then DO check out Julia's blog

COPYRIGHT - http://azenorartwork.blogspot.com/
















And now for a peek at my desk:-
 

 
 
Happy WOYWDW! I'll close today by sharing a pic of some of the visitors to the neighbourhood!

Cool huh? Taken yesterday morning

Taken yesterday evening (in ALL THAT RAIN) poor little chap - look at the rain,
dripping off his chin and feet!


15 comments:

SARN said...

That is a really COOL inky technique. Thanks for sharing.

UTTERLY FAB results mate.

Staying dry here today apparently . . . but not much for the rest of the week.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a great technique and I love what you've creative. SO effective isn't it.

Your desk is still looking very contained to me. I'd be too ashamed to show you mine....

Great pics. Love that cute frog (hope the Cranes didn't get him ;oD)

Lx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Lovely card and great technique. Like your choice of colour. Thanks girl joining the Whoopsidaisy challenge and good luck. Jennifer (DT member).

Loll Thompson said...

LOVE your ATC ... fab colours and love the coffee rings :)

Cool technique with the white paint over sponged colours. Will have to give that a try.

Your desk looks pretty clean to me :) Loll xx

Debs M said...

piddling it down all day again! great desk and I LOVE that technique - that may be the saving grace for my non existent stash of crimble cards!! x

Mynn xx said...

Fabulous creations--LOVE your use of dies! I like to see the great visitors you've had in your neighborhood, too! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

sue card maker said...

What a great idea love it thank you for sharing at Whoopsie daisy sue DT xx

Julie Odil said...

Lots of great work here! Neat techniques. Thanks for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy. Julie, DT

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

Theresa Dickinson said...

what a fab card thanks for sharing over on artistic inspirations x

Emily Dee said...

What fun cards-I love the techniques! Thanks for sharing with us at House of Cards.

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Whoopsy Daisy this week, and i hope to see you next week.
Hugs Nataliya

My name is Wynneth said...

I'm loving your makes today and thanks for sharing and providing links to this fabulous technique. I really must give it a try.

Wonderful wildlife, shame about the downpour but, as you say, at least the storm was off the coast and not right on top of you ! Poor little damp froggy.

luv
wynneth
x

Anita said...

Love all of these. Thanks for playing along with us at House of Cards. Hugs, Anita, DT.

Graciellie said...

What a nice way to use a punch. Love how you stenciled your card! Very nice DIY technique and such a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this month at House of Cards. I hope you can join us again soon!

Gracie
gracielliedesign.blogspot.com
HOC DT