Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi peeps,
 
It's another lovely day here - I shall be away from my desk today as I'm off gallivanting with my pal, Sally, who just so happens to live next door - it just doesn't get better than that .... there will be shopping, chatting, lunching and more chatting!! No idea where we're going yet but it really doesn't matter - I have nothing on my shopping list but am sure I can find something! It's just nice to get out and have a girly natter.
 
Anyhoo, after a couple of really creative days where I've posted three and four makes I have little to share with you today - Mr Mojo appears to be cowering under the bed ..... I just can't find which one!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card and grey card for matting
  • White card to which I applied Distress Inks in picked raspberry, barn door and peacock feathers
  • Stamplorations (from their mini grungey backgrounds) images stamped using the same D.I.'s and the spotty image was stamped using Color Box white ink
  • Dylusions border image and Tim Holtz sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Hampton Arts number image stamped using Memento sweet plum ink
  • Distress Ink in dusty concorde applied around the edge of the image panel to define the edge
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant used to protect the water based inks
 
I'll be entering this for the "Anything Goes" challenges over at the Pink Elephant and Not Just Cards

Over at Addicted to Stamps and More they have launched their new challenge which is: CAS - so you may be seeing a piece for that, providing Mr Mojo can be persuaded in to operation!!!

Yesterday I caught myself watching breakfast TV - the weather forecaster was talking about fog, so I thought I should look outside. To the back it looked like this.
 
 
 
 
So, I took a look out the front and was treated to this ......
 
 
A little different to the view to the back - the sun was trying very hard to make an appearance
Last evening saw us heading out to look at some Halloween home decorations ...

There were half a dozen houses on the same street and they were all co-ordinated,
right down to the light interaction with the music - AND there were MINIONS (from Despicable Me)!!!


I just LOVE the spooky effect of that moon and cloudy night sky - don't you?

And, it's WOYWDW so I suppose I should share a pic of the work desk with you - sadly, it's a bit of a shambles again this week - sorry! I PROMISE I'll clear it up soon!
 
 
 
 
Happy Wednesday - have a creative one!

9 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yup, I'd say that's definitely fog :oD Fab Halloween Houses. I love the way they really go to town for Halloween in America.

Believe me when I say your desk IS tidy. Mine is at the drippy stage with things hanging precariously over the edge and just for good measure I covered it all in glitter yesterday... eek!

Lx

SARN said...

Bit of a weather change from front to back of your property! I like the sunny side best!

Terrifically inky ATC too . . .love it.

Have a great day out with your friend and neighbour.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

great card Kathy. Love the pictures, They sure do like halloween over there, Bit like when we were in Canada.
Have a great time with your pal Sally.
Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

You can't help your mojo having a rest, it will come back, you will just have to tell Dh you need to go shopping again, LOL.

Clare Lloyd said...

Oh fabulous colours kathy!

catherine said...

Colours look great on your piece Kathy. Great pics
x catherine

Debs M said...

great atc and I love the spooooky houses! x

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a fun post, KathyK! I've missed you! I love your card and I really got a kick out of the "opposites" view photos and all the home decorations. People are just starting to decorate in this neighborhood for Halloween, which I had no idea people did! When I got home and evening came and all the houses across the street (they have young kids) were decorated in orange Christmas lights and tons of spiders, webs, and other spooky things, I was really taken aback. I'm not that into Halloween, but it's fun to see what other folks do!

Happy WOYWW and thank you for coming to visit me! I'll bet you had a blast with Sally; what a perfect arrangement!! Hugs, DarnellK #66

Zoe said...

Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love