Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all

Welcome to OCTOBER, the nights are drawing in and the morning mists are prevalent, yes, autumn's on its way!

I'm doing something nice today, I'm meeting up with a pal today, we plan to have something to eat together and have a good old catch up - it's been far too long. I'm also anticipating a late night so I won't be about tomorrow either - but expect to be back on Friday!
 
And another Christmas card ..... the peeps over at JingleBellesRock have offered up "We three Kings" and by this they mean ... use a minimum of THREE patterned papers in your project. And the Design Team at Festive Friday have come up with a photo inspiration and I've taken the wreath as my inspiration ... being composed of a similar material to the Christmas tree in my card and the green colouring; whilst over at CraftyHazelnutsChristmasChallenge they say to "make it colourful"! I think it qualifies!! Also for CraftyHazelnuts extra challenge .... And lastly, over at the ABC of Christmas they have reached T for TREE ORNAMENT and my tree is full of lights and ornaments!
 
 
My card, featuring three patterned papers and black, green and white plain papers


My co-ordinating inside and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Patterned papers and card by DCWV
  • Snippet of Green, black and white card
  • Crafters Companion image (from a Raymond Briggs Snowman set) stamped on to white card (+ envelope) using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped (on the insert and envelope) using Memento tuxedo black ink
 
And the photo that started my project? Green foliage and white (skates) . . . . . .
 
 
And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday then here are some shots of my work space.....



Another week with a clear desk - am I coming down with something????

Happy Wednesday, catch you again on Friday in time for the Friday Funny!
 

19 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card Kathy, especially the little light bulbs border.

Will you be watching the new internet Craft Channel from 9am? I'm looking forward to something to rival C&C as they have lost their charm for me a bit, recently.

Your craft space has increased today - I don't think I've seen so much room on that desk for a long time.

cheryl Baker said...

oh just love this card hun love,that tree,great crafty space too hugs Cherylxx

Kathyk said...

So, what's this new internet craft channel?

Kathy

SARN said...

OOH a new craft channel? Spill the beans on its number please Lesley!

Loving your pretty festive make there Kathy.

Happy WOYWW to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bea said...

Great card Kathy - wish it was spring and not autumn as the cold to come isn't what I look forward to. How do you manage to get such a tidy desk?
x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Such a festive card Kathey! Love the traditional colours and your tree is fantastic! Great idea, doing a matching envelope! hugs :)

Pamellia Johnson said...

So sorry, I think there was a typo in your name! Saw it out of the corner of my eye as I was pressing the publish button. How embarrassing! big hugs :)

scrappyjacky said...

Another lovely christmas card.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

I love that you've shown the contrast of the coloured and uncoloured versions of this image - it really shows the versatility of it! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Loll Thompson said...

Fabulous multi-challenge card Kathy ... great job! Your desk is so clean ... looks like you are ready to do some crafting!! Loll xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

You're coming down with tiditis, KathyK!! I am longing to see the mat on my desk again! Your card ensemble is super great and go you for making it work with all the challenges!! Happy WOYWW and thanks for the visit to me! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, DarnellK

Debs M said...

great card - loving the lightbulbs x

Geri said...

What a sweet card! And I love just the black and white image added to the inside and envelope...such a nice idea and way to finish things off!!! Great to have you back at Festive Friday!!!

lauren bergold said...

now THAT is definitely one beautifully festive and colorful card, plus you've embodied a bunch of different challenges soooo impressively; not to mention a beautiful combination of papers for our JINGLE BELLES pattern play!

SmilynStef said...

What a happy little holiday tree ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Hazel said...

Very tidy desk. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for my CHNC challenge 196 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. Hope that you have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #81 x

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon x

KayM said...

Such a cute card! I love how you decorated the envelope and the inside too! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

Zw@@n said...

Great card, Kathy. I love that stamp. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma