Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,
 
How's your week coming along? Hope it's going as well as mine ..... my mojo was missing for a while but I caught sight of a sketch and an idea formulated ......
 
My grungey splat-y card

and co-ordinating inside and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • Cream C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of blue pearl cardstock (DCWV)
  • Snippet of white card - cut to slightly smaller than my blue card panel (and matched for the insert)
  • Distress Ink (mini) in peacock feathers randomly dabbed on to the card - left to right, to create a border
  • Recollections "splatter"  image stamped using Hero Arts neon blue ink
  • Stamplorations grungey splatter background stamped using Distress Ink faded jeans
  • Stamplorations "chevron" image stamped using Versafine majestic blue ink
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant sprayed to protect the water based inks in transit
 
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
  1. CASology - Splatter
  2. Papertake weekly - always Anything Goes
  3. CASe this sketch - see below
 
 

And now for a pic of how messy my desk is this week! Bit more back to normal! What is it t hey say? "A cluttered desk is a sign of genius" - if that's true then I must be REAL SMART!!!
 
 
 
 
And it COULD be about to get even less tidy as my hubby took me out yesterday and I hit Michaels, Joanns AND SheScraps in The Villages!!

Lots of lovely SCHTUFF to play with later ......

Happy Wednesday peeps

16 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun i adore this wow so effective love it love your stash too hugs cheryl xxx

SARN said...

WOW - great new haul of goodies there Kathy (or should I say GENIUS?).

Absolutely LOVE the splatty grungey card of course! xxxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Interesting card Kathy, and so well interpreted compared to the challenge.

Nice haul of goodies too, that's twice in one week, isn't it?

Pamellia Johnson said...

Hi Kathy! Love your grungy splat-y card! Great colours and I just love how you always do matching envelopes! So creative! hugs :)

Leigh Penner said...

Very fun card & I like the matching envelope, too! Great take on the sketch!

scrappyjacky said...

Great card....works perfectly for the card.
You definately left the country at the right time!!

Barb Ghig said...

Fab design and I love the matching envelope!
So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

Debs M said...

great card and your new haul looks fabulous !x

Louise Wright said...

grunge-y style cards and abstract are my faves and so I think your card is brilliant!
Ooohhh all that new stash... I would love to be there and play. Mind you, there would probably be too much that I wouldn't know where to start (lol)

Kylie said...

Gorgeous grunge CAS design. Love the colours! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Joyce said...

Fabulous design. I like how your splatter is so contained, and there is still so much clean white space. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Deborah Frings said...

Love the grunge effect - super colours! I've used this sketch several times. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that your splatter is grungy! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, and a great new stash, Have they been inked yet,
Hugs
lilian

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy from cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com

Loll Thompson said...

What a cool card Kathy!! Love the design and the colours you've used.

Your desk looks pretty tidy :) ... but also looks like you've been having a bit of fun.

LOVE all your new toys ... aren't you going to have fun??!! Loll xx