Monday, 10 November 2014

Is it going to stop raining or will Santa be making deliveries using an ark this year?

Morning all
 
My, my, it can sure rain here! Got home Friday lunchtime seconds before it started raining and it hardly seems to have stopped since then! It did stop a short while ago but, looking out, this may only be a temporary respite!!! Hmmmmmf - impressed? I think NOT! Hope you have better weather where you are today.

Banishing the dreaded jet lag appears to have been easier this time but I'm not saying we're done with it ...... manys the time we've said we're done .... only to find ourselves enjoying tea and toast at 03:00!!! Let's just say I am "cautiously optimistic"! It's obvious that we're not QUITE back to normal as we didn't waken till gone 08:00 this morning and then spent over an hour in bed watching breakfast TV!!! Not something we would normally do but neither of us could quite be bothered to get up! ..... hence the lateness of my post today - bet you thought you weren't going to get one at all today - didn't you? What with that and none yesterday either!
 
Anyhoo, on to today's make which I'd like to share with you ... I came home to a new issue of Craft Stamper and wondered what I might make with the free images on the  cover, so I channelled one of the designers ideas from the accompanying article in C.S. :-
 
My card

Close up to show the supreme TWINKLEY-ness!!!
  
Materials used:
  • White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Go Kreate tag die and snippet of white card
  • Snippet of black/white twine
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using both Memento London fog and Hero Arts neon blue inks
  • Visible Image (C.S. freebie) footprint stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and then stamped again without re-inking
  • Visible Image (C.S. freebie) "HO" sentiment stamped using Kaleidacolour denim blue ink
  • Visible Image (C.S. freebie) "Believe" sentiment stamped multiple times around the tag using Adirondack red pepper ink
  • Dimensional foam to attach the tag to the base card
  • Crafters Companion "Spray and Sparkle" in silver used to both protect and bling up!!!
 
I'd like to enter it for the following challenges:-
  1. That Craft Place - "Anything Goes"
  2. Addicted to CAS - "Use a tag"
  3. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "snippet challenge"
  4. Stamplorations - "Stamps and Layers"
 
 
Have a great Monday - stay dry peeps!
 

14 comments:

Di said...

Very clever Kathy! And perfect images for your lovely tag card! Ho, ho, ho :))

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Well I've stayed dry SO FAR . . . no guarantees for when I leave the office tonight though!

Hope your jet lag settles down soon Kathy.

Like the sweet little card you made with your CS stamp.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

At the moment I'm voting ark!!
Lovely use of that stamp.

Sue - said...

Super make Kathy. Hope you get over the jet lag soon. Its taken me a week and I thought you didn't get it going east to west - how wrong was I! It might have had something to do with flying for 24 hours though!

catherine said...

Fabulous make Kathy with the free stamp this month-I have been toying with a few ideas!!
Hope the rain clears up soon but I think it's miserable everywhere at the moment. Hope your ok
x catherine

Debs M said...

woohoo super sparkly!! great make - hope the jet lag eases soon! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fingers crossed you remain a jet lag free zone Your Purpleness. Super sparkly card there and what a great freebie. No wonder you had to whip it off the front of your mag and get crafty :oD. Slightly ashamed to say we've had two very sunny days here but I hear rain is on the way...

Lx

Katie Berberich said...

A great Mag to come home to. Welcome back Kathy. Sleeping late isn't a bad thing, enjoy it. Extra hour in bed, even with morning TV has to be better than rising too early. She says enviously!
Katie xx

maria f. said...

There was definitely an element of surprise for me here - I nearly didn't see those Santa tracks. You stamped them perfectly, so realistic. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

scrappymo! said...

looks great. Love the way you stamped the words in red over and over...great look, that.
Hope you avoid the dreaded jet lag!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is great fun Kathy - the footprints and TWINKLEY-ness are fabulous!
Thanks for playing along at ATCAS again - Sylvia xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi Kathy love your card and tag especially the squiggly red around the tag and the sparkle. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS.

Marie

My name is Wynneth said...

Well, our first few days up here at Dad's were fairly dry although a tad chilly, but the rain soon arrived ! Hoping it isn't too wet and stormy for our drive home on Sunday.

Loving your tag card, isn't this month's CS freebie great, I love it. I brought mine to Dads but so far haven't gad much crafting time.

Luv
Wynneth
X

monikaskinner said...

Love all the sparkle. Great use of the freebie stamp. Thanks for joining our Stamps & Layers challenge at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika