Sunday, 16 November 2014

Late post from me this lazy Sunday ...

Hey there readers,
 
Normally posting at the crack of the crafting day but ... having had a head cold this past week has kept me away from the table of craftiness for one reason or another and, since you've done nothing to offend me, I shall go in to no greater detail!!!
 
We had pals popping in for a late lunch on their way south so my priorities this morning were clearing a space for them to sit and chat and clearing away dust so thick you could plant potatoes!! No, honestly, it was a bit bad in the lounge - we'd been away too so it hadn't been "attended to" since SEPTEMBER!!!! Sounds awful when put in to the written word, doesn't it? Still, an hour with a vacuum, a duster, a feather duster and some febreze and the place looks fit to receive visitors now. A quick change of the beds too and I was free to hit the table of craftiness with a clear conscience ....

I don't often use blue and yet I seem to have quite a few "blues" and a pal who simply loves the colour - not sure what set me on this path today but .....
 

My card

And the inside and envelope to match

My image panels
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • A4 card in white and blue - to cut down to make two mats each for the front and inside of my card .... you could argue that the strip left from the larger mats WOULD have been snippets which I then used on my image panel so there was NO WASTE card!!! Don't you love it when that happens?
  • Distress Inks in tumbled glass, salty ocean and chipped sapphire pressed on to a non stick craft mat, spritzed with water and my smaller snippets of white card "smooshed" through, dried and "smooshed" again till I was happy with the colour before setting aside to dry
  • Carabelle image stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink and then I ran an old credit card through the ink pad to generate some "random" lines
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Goosebumps shimmer texture spray used to seal, shimmer and texturise this card
 
I'm not sure whether the lovely Di will allow this as an entry for her snippets challenge at Pixie's Crafty Workshop but I'll have a go! I will also be entering it (because of the white space) ... over at the Clean And Simple challenge over at The Paper Players - wish me luck!

Our guests have just left, it was so lovely to see them too, been a while. Anyway, I can now post this thread and pop over and enter those challenges too - thanks for stopping by

Enjoy the rest of your day

19 comments:

Debs M said...

Great make - love the stamping x

SARN said...

OOOOH Love this Kathy. I have at least one Carabelle stamp coming my way for Christmas. I know this as I gave husband a list of the ones I liked . . . so I don't know EXACTLY what I'll get, but I'm sure to like it!

LOVE the one you've used and I like the inky background.

I should have a lie down on the settee now if I were you - all the housework can't be good for you! xxx

scrappyjacky said...

And very effective it is....love that blue.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh! What a gorgeous card! AND in my favourite colour too!!! Yummy! Glad to hear you had a fab afternoon with W&T. Lx

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab project.

Louise Wright said...

I love the colour and the grungy look. Fab range of stamps. Hope that cold goes away and stays away and that you had a good crafty afternoon ;-)
Go on... you never know you might quite like digis after not having tried them for a while. I'm the same in the opposite sense- enjoy real stamping now (as well as digis). I think Stamplorations are launching a digi range soon. maybe some will appeal to you>

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the colour and images -you make CAS look so easy!Hope you feel better soon
Carol x

Di said...

Wonderful shades of blue Kathy! Plus the stamp you used looks fab. Of course there are snippets on your card - we have a very relaxed view of things in the Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Lesley Thomas said...

I think this one is a bit busy for me, but that might because I'm still trying to get rid of my bugs too. Hope yours are going by now.

catherine said...

fabulous card Kathy and lovely in the blues. Glad you're feeling a bit better to get to the craft table now
x catherine

Darnell J Knauss said...

So artsy, Kathy! Gorgeous cobalt blue and graphic background, yet not overwhelming on the card with your clean design! I'll leave some hot toddy for you behind the bike shed at the Playground, but you'll understand if I don't stick around to share it like normal. I hope it makes you feel better and knocks that cold for sixes!! Hugs, Darnell

Lilian said...

Love the colour Kathy, great make
Hugs
lilian

Karen Petitt said...

They are gorgeous Kathy! I love using blue and use it often too. Love when we get to use up a whole piece of paper or card - no snippets makes me feel like a good little thing! Karen x

Sally H said...

That is wonderful Kathy! What a fabulous colour! Very elegant

MaryH said...

Bummer on your cold, and I hope you are feeling much better by the time I got round to check out your beautiful blues. Love the hues you've achieved on this one, and I'm liking this random look of the stamping. Looks very 'texturized' with the image you selected- very much a collage look. I LIKE it! Looks like it qualifies as a snippet card to me! Parsnip is a sweetie, he'll let you in! Big hugs, feel better soon. TFS

Joanne James said...

What a pretty inked and stamped panel - a lovely blend of colours that would make a perfect masculine card. Our challenge this week is for CAS thank you cards, but with a quick switch of sentiment you would be there! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

What a fun, eclectic creation...love anything in blue, so this sings to me! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Kathyk said...

Thanks for your comment Joann, plainly I only read the CAS part and not the second line which clearly says THANK YOU!! Sorry

Kathyk

Yapha said...

Those blues are gorgeous together! What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!