Saturday, 1 November 2014

Saturday but not a challenge day ... yet!

Morning peeps
 
Saturday has come round again, as has NOVEMBER!!!, and I hope you all have a fab day planned.

Did you all have a good Halloween? We went out to dinner with friends, Len and Koreen, a meal at Logans followed by a good walk around Celebration, around the lake and then to admire some more of the Halloween décor .... who knew that so many people wanted to do the same thing? Honestly, the traffic was simply SOLID!!


Who knew they waited in line for Trick or Treat?!?!?!?!


Even security entered in to the "spirit" of the thing!!
 
I NORMALLY spend Saturday mornings making an entry (or entries) for challenges but .... this week, I'm off to a Craft Fayre with my pal (and neighbour) Sally and her daughter, Bonnie. I'm not sure what to expect as this will be the first time I've attended a neighbourhood Craft Fayre but, I have high hopes!
 
So, long story short, no challenge makes but you all know better than to expect me to post without some form of craft make!!!
 
I stumbled across my journal earlier this week and you will have seen one journal page appearing on my Wednesday post, well, here's another ....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • One page of my journal
  • Distress Ink mini's just dabbed on to page before spritzing with water and pushing colour about with a straw before setting aside to dry .... peeled paint, pumice stone, dusty concorde, weathered wood and tea dye
  • Stampers Anonymous numeric sequence stamped using D.I. faded jeans and tea dye
  • Hero Arts grungey circle stamped using Hero Arts neon pink
  • Stamplorations dots stamped randomly using Hero Arts neon green, "music" using D.I. in peeled paint, crackle background using D.I. pumice stone and grungey background using Hero Arts neon blue
  • Stampers Anonymous line of stars stamped using D.I. scattered straw and hand stamped using D.I. barn door
  • Stampers Anonymous large hand/sentiment/paintbrushes stamped using Ranger Archival watering can
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant sprayed to set the water based project
 
I DO enjoy journaling but, because it has no specific purpose (other than being quite fun) I don't always think of doing a page - really SHOULD make more time after all, I do have no fewer than four journals on the go!!! This one isn't really mixed media as I just used stamps and ink pads rather than Wednesday's which used paint/spray ink/gesso and all kinds of schtuff!
 
So, having discovered the journal ... seemed foolish not to make the most of it and start another page - this is as far as it's got, so far!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • One journal page
  • Versamark ink
  • Pan Pastels in Diarylide yellow and permanent red
  • Images by Hero Arts (grungey circle) and Stamplorations
  • Aleene's acrylic sealant sprayed over the project to set the PP's as I want to use gesso and paint as well as ink when I proceed with the next part ....
 
Happy Saturday - this week it will be challenge Sunday!!! See you all tomorrow (I hope)!


3 comments:

Debs M said...

Great pix Kathy and your journal pages look fab! I only have the red and yellow pp's but they are still lovely colours - and I have a stack of journals on the go! x

SARN said...

Both great AJ pages Kathy. Particularly like the second one in progress. xxx

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Kathy. Looks like you had a fabulous evening out ... how fun!! We were home handing out candy ... 82 little visitors came our way this year --- much less than the over 100 we normally have.

I love your journal pages and I think I should start one myself. It would be a great way for me to experiment with new techniques and projects and then adding notes of what worked and what didn't ... hmmm, sounds like fun! Loll xx