Sunday, 2 November 2014

Sunday ... belated challenge day!

Morning all
 
Good weekend so far? Me too, yesterday morning I was at the Solevita Craft Fayre which was really pretty cool. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't what I got! There were over 200 stalls with handmade goodies of every kind from Jalapeno jam to outdoor showers made to look like flowers! There were all sorts of dog treats, lots of knitted and crochet items, jewellery galore - oh, just lots of SCHTUFF. What did I buy? Well, not so much, mindful of space but I could NOT resist some dichroic glass earrings and a pendant in my favourite colour!!! Churlish not to really.
 
And now, since I missed my challenge day yesterday I have a little crafting to share with you ...
 
My non traditionally coloured card

And co-ordinating insert and envelope

 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Recollections three tree image stamped using Hero Arts Neon orange ink
  • Kaisercraft (NBUS) Christmas sentiment stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the stars
 
Plainly, I was still in Halloween mode with  my purple and orange!!! I will be entering this for the CAS challenge over at Simply Less Is More where their current challenge is: A Christmas card using non traditional colours (i.e. no red or green) - think this qualifies, don't you? I'll also be entering this at CraftyHazelnuts Christmas challenge - their challenge is: "SPARKLE" and for the "ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS" challenge at the Crafty Calendar blog.
 
Oh, forgot to mention too, when I got home from the Craft Fayre, this little chap was waiting to greet me!
 

 
 
And - would you  believe it? Not only did I get to wear long trousers I also wore a long sleeved top, cardigan and a jacket!!! Yes, it was a bit cold, made way colder by the wind! And here is what I bought too ...
 
 
 
Happy Sunday folks
 
 

9 comments:

Debs M said...

Great make and the jewellry is lovely x

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card Kathy, though I don't think I could do it in orange. Loved your little visitor too.

And why not treat yourself to some new earrings etc, you can wear those home, so far, they still don't weigh the passengers, though the boss of Ryanair had that idea a good while back and decided not to, considering the uproar it caused.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic card Kathy and great non-traditional colours. Always such attention to the inside of the card too.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

scrappyjacky said...

The fayre sounds great....love your buys.

Chrissie said...

Fun colour choice Kathy and what a dear little chap greeted you!
Thanks so much...as ever
Chrissie
Less is More

Sid said...

Fab card and envelope Kathy !!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 201- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting this week Kathy, super card, and what a cute frog!
Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Betty said...

A fab card great colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar challenge this month and good luck
Bettyxxx