Friday, 14 November 2014

TGIF - not forgetting the Friday Funny!

Morning all,
 
Apologies for the radio silence from me this week ... I've had a wretched cold all week and haven't felt much like crafting - this, as I'm sure you regulars will know, is VERY unusual for me. Heck, I even sent out three ATC swaps with NO MAIL ART!!!! That's pretty serious but I'm hoping the appropriate pals will all forgive me. However, after three days with no crafting whatsoever I was itching to get back to it and thought I would break myself in gently.

I have signed up for a crafting Secret Santa and thought to myself (as the goodies arrived this morning) what better way than to make my own gift wrap .....

My gift wrap

And a close up which (I HOPE) will show the twinkle!
And the wrapped gift

Materials used:
  • Sheet of heavyweight copy paper
  • Small white gift tag
  • Penny Black "Mrs Santa" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Red Pro Marker to colour
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Adirondack red pepper ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle - to set the inks and give a glorious twinkle
  • To avoid "bleed" on the gift tag I used the Adirondack red pepper ink and a water brush to colour
  • Stickles - to highlight the red on the gift tag which will also "seal" the water based colour for transport
  • Bakers twine to tie the parcel and attach the gift tag

I'll be entering this gift wrap for the following challenges:
  1. Addicted to Stamps and More - "Anything Goes"
  2. Three Muses - "White space"
  3. CASology - Festive, with optional 25 days of Christmas tags (because it's festive wrap and DOES have a tag!
  4. Addicted to CAS - "TAG"
 
And now ..... here is this weeks Friday Funny offering, brought to you this week courtesy of Marsha so .... ENJOY
 
A Sunday school teacher asked her class, "What was Jesus' mother's name?"  One child answered, "Mary."
The teacher then asked, "Who knows what Jesus' father's name was?" A little kid said, "Verge."
Confused, the teacher asked, "Where did you get that?"
The kid said, "Well, you know, they are always talking about Verge n' Mary.''

***********

KIDS IN CHURCH
3-year-old Reese:
"Our Father, Who does art in heaven, Harold is His name.
Amen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A little boy was overheard praying:
"Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm
Having a real good time like I am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed all
The way home in the back seat of the car.
His father asked him three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy
Replied, "That preacher said he wanted us brought up in a Christian
Home, and I wanted to stay with you guys."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been teaching my three-year old daughter, Caitlin, the Lord's
Prayer for several evenings at bedtime.
She would repeat after me the lines from the prayer.
Finally, she decided to go solo.
I listened with pride as she carefully enunciated each word, right up to
The end of the prayer:
"Lead us not into temptation," she prayed, "but deliver us from E-mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One particular four-year-old prayed,
"And forgive us our trash baskets
As we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Sunday school teacher asked her children as they were on the way to
Church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One
Bright little girl replied, "Because people are sleeping."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six-year-old Angie and her four-year-old brother, Joel, were sitting
Together in church. Joel giggled, sang, and talked out loud. Finally,
His big sister had had enough.
"You're not supposed to talk out loud in church."
"Why? Who's going to stop me?" Joel asked.
Angie pointed to the back of the church and said, "See those two men
Standing by the door?
They're hushers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin 5, and Ryan 3.  The
Boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake.  Their mother
Saw the opportunity for a moral lesson. "If Jesus were sitting here, He
Would say, 'Let my brother have the first pancake, I can wait.'
Kevin turned to his younger brother and said, "Ryan, you be Jesus!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A father was at the beach with his children when the four-year-old son
Ran up to him, grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore where a
Seagull lay dead in the sand.
"Daddy, what happened to him?" the son asked.
"He died and went to Heaven," the Dad replied.
The boy thought a moment and then said,
"Did God throw him back down?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A wife invited some people to dinner. At the table, she turned to their
Six-year-old daughter and said, "Would you like to say the blessing?" "I
Wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied. "Just say what you hear

Mommy say," the wife answered.  The daughter bowed her head and said,
"Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"
 
 
Don't forget ... if you are in the mood for more funnies then you can always check out Hettiecraftz blog where she too publishes a Friday Funny.

And have a fabulous weekend!

16 comments:

SARN said...

Morning Kathy . . . lovely giftwrap.
Hope this means you're feeling a bit better now.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Morning Matey, sorry to hear you've had germies - not wanted to craft ? That's serious stuff ! Glad to see you're back at the table of craftiness now.

Oooo... I love that PB stamp and didn't you create such wonderful wrapping paper with it, gorgeous. Not sure I'd have the patience to sit and colour all the images on wrappings for all the gifts I give at Christmas ha ha - note to self, dig out this stamp to make a batch of cards for this year.

Hope those germies are all heading off somewhere else and you are getting better now.

Luv
Wynneth
X

My name is Wynneth said...

Oopsie, forgot to say I loved the FF
W
X

sandie said...

fabulous gift wrap-wouldn't it be great if we all had legs like this! Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Purple pal. Missed your fab posts this week but perfectly understandable under the circumstances. I do hope you're feeling better soon. Colds are no fun at all.

SIMPLY FABULOUS wrappy. I do love that PB image and your "ribbon" of sentiments looks absolutely brilliant. Top job!

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Hi, Kathy, I can understand your lack of energy I have laryngitis and bronchitis, and mine has gone completely (energy). I hope we both feel better soon!

scrappyjacky said...

Hope you're feeling a lot better.
Great idea with the gift wrap.

catherine said...

they are so funny Kathy!!!
Hope your feeling better after being poorly this week and glad you have managed to feel up to a little crafting time.
x catherine

Joyce said...

Love your wonderful project today. And, I had a huge blast reading your funnies. Thanks so much for sharing at CASology this week.

Viv said...

Great giftwrap Kathy and yes I can see the sparkle. I hope you are feeling better now,I have a cold too no fun are they!love the Friday funnies as always too he he ;) Viv xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet design. Thank you for joining us at CASology this week!

Hettie said...

Sorry to hear you have been poorly Honey.
Great packaging.
Fabby funnies...specially like the christening one!! LOL!
Hugs
xx

Deborah Frings said...

I think the gift wrap and matching tag are just fabulous. Love the shimmer. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Rahmat said...

Lovely gift wrap! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Debs M said...

great idea with the gift wrap - love the sparkle x

Blogger said...

Play Now: Sprinter - Moroz 148 (Psy-Trance)