Friday, 7 November 2014

Welcome Friday "FUN"day!

Morning peeps,
 
I saw this tutorial on a blog whilst I was away and wanted to remind myself once I got home - HELLO! I'm home!! Check it out here
 
This is an example from INGRID's blog .... not one of mine, check out her blog using the link above
 
Obviously, having only recently arrived home I haven't had the chance to try the technique above but I have something crafty to share with you .. And there's a pretty cool sketch over at CASe this sketch .... wanna see?




So, I set to work ...
 


My card
 



And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:

  • White C5 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Blue card and white card for matting and layering as well as a snippet of metallic blue card
  • Martha Stewart edging punch (from a PATP set)
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Hero Arts grungey circle stamped using Hero Arts neon blue ink
  • Stamplorations (mid sized) circle stamped using Distress Ink in faded jeans
  • Stamplorations small circle stamped using Distress Ink in peacock feathers

And  here's a challenge for the speedy crafters amongst you ... Speedcraft challenge

And now for the Friday Funny, this week brought to you by the power of e-mail, that and my pal, SandraT - ENJOY!!!
 
A Man Dining Alone
 

  
A man was dining alone in a fancy restaurant and there was a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table. He had been checking her out since he sat down, but lacked the nerve to talk with her.
********************
Suddenly she sneezed, and her glass eye came flying out of its socket towards the man. He reflexively reached out, grabbed it out of the air, and handed it back.

'Oh my, I am so sorry,' the woman said, as she popped her eye back in place. 'Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you.'
**********************
They enjoyed a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards they went to the theatre followed by drinks... They talked, they laughed, she shared her deepest dreams and he shared his. She listened to him with interest.
*************************
After paying for everything, she asked him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap and stay for breakfast. They had a wonderful, wonderful time..
************************
The next morning, she cooked a gourmet meal with all the trimmings. The guy was amazed. Everything had been so incredible!
*************************
'You know,' he said, 'you are the perfect woman.. Are you this nice to every guy you meet?'

'No,' she replies. . ..





Wait for it ... ....





It's coming ..... ....




The suspense is killing you, isn't it?






She said ... ...
:

'You just happened to catch my eye.'

(Oh go on you know you'll just forward it!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sorry about that - couldn't resist it though!
 

It's the birthday of another crafting pal today .... this time it's Debs .... have a fantabulous day with your family.
 
Have a great weekend everyone

8 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Love your interpretation of the card Kathy, and will have to go look at the new technique once I'm back from getting the groceries. Joke was funny, but rather large, LOL.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wonderful birthday card Kathy, love the blues and aquas! I sure would love to see what you come up with using Ingrid's amazing technique! Have a great weekend! hugs :)

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Hi Kathy! I'm so glad you like the technique. I hope you get to try it soon ;) it's quite addictive :) thank you for sharing it! Xx
Fabulous card! I love the blues you used and the layers are great! X

catherine said...

Welcome back home Kathy .
Fabulous Friday Funny this week and love your card
x catherine

Kathyk said...

You're not wrong - it WAS rather large, apologies for that, have fixed it now (I HOPE)

Kathyk

Louise Wright said...

love that card- the colours, shapes,... everything!

SARN said...

OH.My.GOD! That FF is TERRRRIBLE . .. in a totally brilliant way! What a punchline!


Well, you KNOW I love the look of Ingrid's technique. Still haven't given it a go though.

Your card from the sketch is FANTASTIC. Love it xxx

Katie Berberich said...

That is a fun sketch and those grunge circles are extremely cool. Your chosen colours are really fitting to the style too. That's one rocking card Kathy!
Katie x