Friday, 28 November 2014

Welcome to the last Friday in November!! And, of course, the Friday Funny

Morning peeps
 
Hubby had a funeral to attend yesterday, which went as well as these things ever do ... seems to be "that time of year" again as I fear I may have one to attend next week. We already had a lunch planned, with friends, and had to head off immediately after said funeral .... we met our friends here, and enjoyed a great catch up with our friends as well as a pretty tasty lunch!

All in all it's been a funny old week with not too much crafting ... aside from a handful of tags .... long story short? No craft project to share with you but I hope you will stop by and leave me a cheery comment anyway peeps. 
 
And now for this week's Friday Funny, brought to you this week courtesy of Wynneth - thanks mate, you're in the draw.
 
 
Drunk Driver : A story from Australia.


Drunk Driving....THIS is absolutely brilliant! Only an Aussie could pull this one off!

A true story from Mount Isa in Queensland .

Recently a routine Police patrol car parked outside a local neighbourhood pub late in the evening. The officer noticed a man (Luke Sandery) leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the car park for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five vehicles. The man managed to find his car, which he fell into.
 He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine dry night). Then flicked the indicators on, then off, tooted the horn and then switched on the lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few metres, reversed a little and then remained stationary for a few more minutes as some more vehicles left. At last he pulled out of the car park and started to drive slowly down the road.. The Police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and carried out a random breathalyser test.

To his amazement the breathalyser indicated no evidence of the man's intoxication.

The Police officer said "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the Police station - this breathalyser equipment must be broken."
 
 


"I doubt it," said the man,
 
 
 
 
 


"tonight I'm the designated decoy"..

 
 
Found out one of my cards got showcased over at Simply Less Is More too - thanks ladies, I'm honoured to have made your selection with my card. Can't recall the card (and why should you)?

Well, it was THIS one!



And wishing you all a very Happy Black Friday (BLACK FRIDAY = biggest shopping day of the year in the U.S., for SOME brave souls!)
 
 
 
The Friday Funny is intended to be just that, a funny, it's not intended to offend or upset anyone and I hope that no-one will be upset or offended by it

13 comments:

Lilian said...

great F F Kathy. Friday comes round so quick. Well cone on your selection,

Hugs
lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ah-ha ha ha haaaaa. GREAT Friday Funny. I laughed out loud. EXCELLENT!!

Yeeha! Told you that card was FABULOUS didn't I. Congrats on your selection. Very well deserved if I may say so.

Have a great weekend.

Lx

Jane said...

Congrats on your showcase, stunning card as I think I've said before. Love the funny, good to start the day with a smile.

Kylie said...

Omg too funny. As an Aussie I had a big belly laugh :) Congrats on your showcase - stunning card xx

Lesley Thomas said...

I laughed at your funny Kathy, I don't drink, so I've often driven a car full of people home at this time of year, So I could play the designated decoy, no trouble at all.

Congrats on getting your card featured.

Di said...

Too funny Kathy - although I did see it coming :)

Well done on the win, as soon as you entered that lovely card I just knew it was a winner - and rightly so!

Hugs

Di xx

Hettie said...

Haa Haa Honey. Great joke!
Lovely card too.
Hugs
xx

scrappyjacky said...

Absolutely love this week's funny!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

A very well deserved win it was too . . . I ADORED this card when I first saw it. It really jumps out at you! Thanks for visiting my blog today Kathy. Hazel xx

Joanna Harty said...

Beautiful! Congrats on the showcase!

Joanna Harty said...

Beautiful! Congrats on the showcase!

beverly said...

Cathy, today is the first time I've visited you home page after seeing this beautiful card...not expecting to get the best laugh of the day...Thanks for sharing your great talent and humor with me and everyone...

Loll Thompson said...

So funny!!!

Congrats on your honour at LIM ... your card is AMAZING! Loll xx