Sunday, 23 November 2014

Welcome to a lazy Sunday morning

Morning all,

Yesterday was a funny old day .... full of domesticity and dullness (and a fair bit of rain too!) once I'd made my one card for the day ...... after loads of laundry, bed stripping and re-making etc it was time to settle back down to the crafting again aided by a beer ..... and had a rummage through my stash - finding a really cute image seldom used, and I've no idea why as it really IS pretty cute. Is it just me or is anyone else thinking about the penguins from the movie "Madagascar"????
 

My twinkly card
 
And my co-ordinating inside and envelope


Materials used:
  • C6 Kraft card blank (300 gsm) and matching sized envelope
  • Kraft card, white card and red card snippets
  • All night media sentiment stamped on to a small white card snippet using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Art Impressions penguin image stamped on to a slightly larger snippet using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol inks to colour image
  • Black/white bakers twine knotted well off centre
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle to add bling and to seal my project
  • For the envelope and inside I used a Sparkle and Sprinkle sentiment, stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
 
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - "Snippets challenge" ......... lots of snippets
  2. Crazy for CAS - "Presents" .... a sleigh full of presents!
  3. Hiding in my craft room - "Any Holiday" - Christmas is my holiday of choice!
  4. Addicted to CAS - "Sketch" - see below .... as you can see, I turned my sketch
 
 
Been cracking on with the present wrapping but sort of ran out of tags so thought I'd best make a couple - need to get my head round this project earlier next time round!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 2 x white tags
  • Uptown Designs image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Ink in festive berries and mustard seed used with a paint brush, to water colour
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine (iridescent) to both seal and sparkle!
  
And deployed on the present ....


It's for surrogate grandson ....


Happy Sunday

15 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Two smashing projects there Your Purple Craftiness. Love those cute pengies and their matching envelope and am saddling up The Clumbers so I can gambol (Clumbers don't gallop, as you know ;oD) over and snatch that gorgeous Santa stamp from your grasp. He is SO FAB! Lx

Sue - said...

Great makes Kathy - can't believe your wrapping presents already I haven't even thought about buying them yet!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Beautiful card, the penguins are adorable and love the sparkle! Sweet tags too! Wrapping presents already... You're so good! X

Lesley Thomas said...

our DGS will love it Kathy

Debs M said...

Love the penguins and santa is fabulous! x

Julia said...

That is a great Santa image on those tags and I love the Penguins on the envelop. Lovely makes from you as always.

SARN said...

Love both festive images you've used today Kathy. The penguins are really cute, but I love the starry santa too. Great festive choices!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, love both your card and the tags - they are super. Love the penguins and I like the use of the twine too. Elizabeth xx

scrappyjacky said...

Great images....I'm very impressed that you make your own tags.

Anja Curvers said...

Wow great work and I am glad you joined us over at Crazy for CAS.

Anita's blog said...

WOW, this is great. I love it. Thanks for joining CFC.

Di said...

LOVE your penguin snippets card Kathy! They remind me of Meerkats :) Lovely tags too - stunned that you're actually wrapping pressies already - sheesh!

Hugs

Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Great card and wonderful tags... Love those penguins!

I need to get cracking on with tags...you have reminded me!

Deepti said...

What an adorable image, I love all the shimmer :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS

Ellen said...

Great card!. Thanks for joining the "presents-challenge" from Crazy for CAS.