Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Welcome to midweek!

Morning all
 
I'd like to welcome a couple of new followers Asha and Hazel, thanks for following and I hope you will find the time and inclination to stop by again sometime soon.

Yesterday saw us setting an alarm!!!! Not something that happens too often at the purple palace, I can tell you! Car in for service 15 miles away so we headed out and were thwarted at every turn!! - with every single set of traffic lights at red!, road closures and traffic backing up - we seemed to be destined not to reach our garage in time .... despite the law of sod being very prevalent we DID make it only a little late and dropped the car off .. I even got to pet a delightful little beagle/Jack Russell cross dog who was patiently waiting whilst her owners car was in for service! An added bonus! Sadly our late breakfast/early lunch sausage sandwich was completely disappointing but hey ... life's like that sometimes don't you find? Car was ready when we returned, all good - thank heavens! So that's all done till next year.

Now that my cold is well on its way I found that my energy levels are returning and I felt like heading to the table of craftiness. Some of you may know that I'm a fan of both monochrome AND Clean And Simple so it ought to be a doddle to work out what's coming next then ......

My card
And a close up to show the twinkle of the Spray and Sparkle!
 

And my co-ordinating inside and envelope

 
Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white, black and grey card
  • Images by Stamplorations stamped using: Ranger Archival jet black, Versacolour silver and Memento London Fog inks
  • Sentiment on front of card by Kaisercraft and sentiment by TPC Studio inside and on the envelope stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal the envelope and Spray and Sparkle to seal the image panels

I will be entering this card for the following challenges:-
  1. Not just cards - "Anything Goes"
  2. Everybody Art Challenge - "Use a circle" .. oh yeah - think I got that covered!
  3. Partytime Tuesday - "Anything Goes"
  4. Clear it Out Challenge - "Anything Goes + Use THREE of the same thing" (used that Happy Birthday 3 times and the circles and squares more than 3 times AND three layers to my image panel - white/black/grey!)
 
It's also What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday and I actually have "schtuff" on my desk, so I'll share a piccie ....


OOPS! Back to needing a tidy!

Have a fantabulous Wednesday peeps

Kathy

12 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Kathy. Just popped over to see you from Party time Tuesdays. I love the simplicity of this, design and the colour combination. So very striking.
Have a lovely day.
Love Sandra xx

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely,sparkly design.

SARN said...

Fantastic monochrome card Kathy. Glad all went well with the car.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Glad you are on the mend, I'm gradually getting my voice back too. Nice card, but nicer comfy chair right next to all the crafting. Just my cup of tea! My car passed its test a couple of weeks ago, so I'm good to go too.

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a cool card. I love the monochrome AND the gorgeous sparkle. Great to see your work desk filling up with crafty schtuff :oD

Lx

Debs M said...

Glad you got there on time! Fabulous card - loving the silver, black and sparkle x

catherine said...

Looks like a very creative desk Kathy. Great card and love the sparkle
x catherine

Zoe said...

Great card and matching envelope. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love

Elina P. said...

Awesome card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Party Time Tuesdays Anything Goes Challenge!! :)

Lynn's Place said...

Cute take on the challenge @ CIO ...stop by again to play <((><

Lisa Mensing said...

Awesome birthday card. Love the black, silver, and white together. Thank you for joining us at CIO. Hope to see you again.

Andrea said...

Great creation - I like it. Thanks for joining EAC
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41