Saturday, 22 November 2014

Welcome to Saturday/challenge day!

Morning all
 
Saturdays are normally challenge days for me and today (I hope) will be no different .... this week, however, the weather has been the challenge. I'm sure it's not just me who finds it more difficult to get decent photos of projects when the weather is dark, dank and DISMAL!!
 
In my last post I showed a card I had made but said it had gotten too dark to make the insert and co-ordinating envelope .... as my friend would say "it was as black as nookies knocker"!!! We've had conversations about the origin of this phrase and it APPEARS to originate from a time when Newgate Prison figured prominently!
 
Anyhoo ...... suffice it to say, it was too darn dark to make much headway so, that left yesterday ...... well hubby and I had a few chores in the morning and I was out in the afternoon, meeting  pal for coffee so, it was about as dark when I got round to the insert and envelope so I hope you will forgive me .... for playing catch up with some of my "finishes":-
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 13½cm square of white card and Kraft card, for matting
  • Creative Expressions star image stamped numerous times using Encore gold ink.
 
I've left the sentiment off as I feel it may well be appropriate for several occasions so will wait until I decide which one to use it for and will then stamp appropriately ....
 
My regular readers may also recall recently that I bought some ladder yarn and crocheted a necklace in shades of grey. I did this whilst in Florida but I knew I had some similar yarn and some beads so, once I got home, I thought I would make another and incorporate some beads. Turns out that this yarn is quite a bit finer than the original so, despite the same number of strands, looks thinner - not sure which I prefer, if I'm honest .....
 
My necklace - I incorporated a strand of the inevitable PURPLE in this one too!!!!

And a close up to show the beads
And this was the ORIGINAL make
 
There are lots of fab challenges out there today so ..... I'm off to check out my stash for one or more of them:-

  1. Crazy for CAS - "Presents"
  2. Simply Less Is More - "Jingle all the way!" ....... Jingle bells!!!
  3. Gem of a challenge - "Kraft + ONE other colour" ..... my other colour is BLACK!
  4. 52CCT - "Paper Piercing - must be a Christmas card"
  5. Crafty Hazelnuts - "Getting ready for Christmas" .... well Santa has to get ready too!
  6. Sketch Saturday - see sketch below
  7. Addicted to CAS - see sketch below

 
 
 
And so ..... here is my card which will fit challenges 2, 3, 5 and 7:-

My card

And a closer view so you can see the sparkle

Materials used:
  • Kraft C6, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of card in white and kraft
  • Bakers twine in black and white
  • Crafty Individuals image and Kaisercraft sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle added to both protect and bling it up!!!

Happy Saturday

27 comments:

SARN said...

The necklaces are fantastic Kathy. I can't choose between them.

Love the festive Believe card too.

Happy challenge Saturday! xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

I love the card Kathy, that is a great street scene of a stamp. Your yarn necklace works well, and I like the addition of the beads. But the biggest giggle was the display stand! LOL.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a great take on the sketch Kathy! And those necklaces . . . WOW! You are truly creative! Hazel x

Gillian R said...

Super elegant card

Di said...

Oh Kathy - I just love BOTH those necklaces! And am loving your card - plus the finished one above as well. All so elegant.

Hugs

Dik xx

Christine said...

Great card

Annette22 said...

wow, just wonderful

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab necklace and I do love that Xmas image.

catherine said...

Both fabulous cards Kathy. Love your crocheted necklace too
x catherine

Jan Ltc said...

Great Lim card xx Jan

Gerrina said...

Great LIM-make! Love that stamp and it looks so good with white and kraft! Enjoy the weekend!

Debs M said...

Both of the necklaces look fab and your crimble card looks great - at this rate you will be on to 2016 cards! x

Darnell J Knauss said...

That's a challenge home run, Kathy!! I love your sparkly jingle bell card!! I hope your Sunday is brighter! Hugs, Darnell

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy. What great projects. The necklace is fabulous and the cards are great. Love that image with santa's sleigh flying over the houses. Fabby!

Have a great weekend.

Lx

Carol said...

Gosh you've been busy, great cards and I love your necklaces. Carol x

Loll Thompson said...

Both necklaces are so pretty Kathy. I like them both.

Beautiful Christmas card. The vintage style image is perfect done in black and white. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

Lynn B said...

Great work with the crafty individuals stamp Kathy.
Linbyx

Chrissie said...

Just love your LIM card Kathy... beautifully stamped!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Ann Tuck said...

What a busy bee you have been Kathy! Love the card for LIM - classic and so effective! Your necklaces are truly works of art - love them both! Ann

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fabulous LIM card Kathy.
Delightful jingling stamp and so beautifully placed on your card.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Lilian said...

the necklace is lovely Kathy. I prefer the one you made at home. Great Cark kathy
Lilian

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, i understand you about take a good photo this week has been a hellllll, i used golden paper, i think i have made 40 photos for one card, the gold and the light...aaajgajjjjdjrjrj;D;D;D.
Great cards Kathy, i like the scene with Santa in the skye and the sparkle touch is perfect!.
You are a fashion necklace creative girl, great work!!!
A warm hug from Palma

Anne said...

Perfect stamp for our challenge Kathy, and perfectly stamped too!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 204 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

Molecraft said...

A fabulous card...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
Helen x