Thursday, 27 November 2014

Welcome to Thursday

And HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those who celebrate it ... will you all be heading out to do your Christmas shopping tomorrow - BLACK FRIDAY?
 

In the meantime .... since we're rolling towards Christmas - I thought I should make some tags:-




And on the reverse ...

Materials used:
  • Snippets of white card and black card die cut in to tags
  • Inkadinkado snowflake image stamped on to the black tags using Versamark ink, sprinkled liberally with razzle dazzle gold embossing powder and heat embossed
  • To the reverse of the tags I stamped the Fiskars "to" and "from" using Encore gold ink
  • Hero Arts tree image stamped on a white tag using Versamark ink before sprinkling razzle dazzle green embossing powder and heat embossing - didn't like this too much so changed tack ...
  • To the remainder of the white tags I stamped the Hero Arts tree and greeting using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink before spraying with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle iridescent to seal and sparkle!, sadly, the sparkle doesn't show well in the photo - the light's been just DREADFUL this past few days - hardly worth drawing the curtains for!!!
  • To the reverse of the white tags I stamped the Fiskars "to" and "from" using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I spent time looking for a wooden mounted "TO" and "FROM" before settling on the above clear stamp from Fiskars but, actually, I think I prefer it - perhaps I won't be too upset if it stays lost then!That should see my wrapping finished nicely with hand made tags!, you're right, this DOES mean that I don't have many left to wrap. I really MUST put as much energy in to tags in 2015 as I do to the cards!

Happy Thursday

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Great selection of tags,Kathy.

SARN said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your Christmas tags Kathy.

The gold starry ones are fab, but I also love that single green tree one!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Kathy. I love all your gorgeous gift tags, I've still to get mine made.

I haven't wrapped a single gift yet - mostly because I haven't yet bought them. Better get a wiggle on then as I have a deadline for most of them to be ready by 14 December and a couple of them even earlier.

Enjoy your day

luv
wynneth
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy Thanksgiving back...

Smashing tags matey. I have been giving myself the very same talking to about making them. I LOVE making tags but I never seem to get around to it. Must try harder.

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

You can go off people Kathy, I haven't made half my Christmas presents yet, let alone wrapped them.

Debs M said...

Fabulous tags! You are so organised!! x