Friday, 21 November 2014

Well here we are at another weekend - hope you'll stay for the Friday Funny too!

Hi there peeps,
 
Hope your Friday goes with a bang (in the nicest possible way) and leads on to a splendid weekend too. How are you all doing with your Christmas shopping? Christmas card making?
 
I started wrapping last week, whilst struggling with my mojo ..... needed to be doing something and at least wrapping presents is faintly creative!!! Now all I need is the tree to put them under - not surprisingly, my husband says it's far too early to put the tree up!! - and (in my heart) I KNOW he's right but ..... part of me (the part that just LOVES Christmas) would really like to ..... and I started writing my cards - this will prove whether I made enough or too many then!!!

Hubby got the Christmas dex down from the loft! Before you pass out with fear that we might have put the tree up in mid November .... don't panic. The plan was to site the outside lights on a fine dry (and hopefully, not too cold) day and not necessarily to connect them yet. The weather forecast seemed to advise a period of cold weather so Thursday seemed like the last window of opportunity for maybe a week so ....... hubby was able to find the box that contained just the outside lights and now those are fixed across our dining room roof and across the garage roof too - not wired in though we did test them to ensure they would be ready.

Now it's back to the present wrapping and card writing!

Wednesday evening saw us at our favourite Indian restaurant, Raj's. How we miss our favourite dishes when we don't go for a while .... our last trip was ...... SEPTEMBER!!!! It was great to be in familiar surroundings and experience the flavours of our fave dishes too - thanks guys! We were with our pal, Debbie, and I'm pleased to say she enjoyed her meal as much as we enjoyed our own.

On a crafting front though ..... I was blog hopping and saw a challenge that tempted me to my craft table and here's how it panned out:-
 

My card
 
And a close up to show the twinkle

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel and white snippet for image panel
  • Kraft and black card for matting
  • Distress Inks in antique linen and tea dye applied to the image panel using a Tim Holtz mini blender and foam panel
  • D.I. in tea dye applied through the star stencil (by Heidi Swapp)
  • Creative Expressions Grungey star image stamped using versamark ink and then gold dazzle and shabby white frontage (and iridescent frontage particles) liberally sprinkled over the inked image before heating from the back
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal the water based inks

I will, of course, be making the insert and envelope match but it went dark before I had the chance so that will be  job for today!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Cute Card Thursday - "STARS" - oh yeah, I count at least 20!
  2. 4 Crafty Chicks - "Make it Sparkle" - razzle dazzle gold embossing powder is super sparkley
  3. Time Out Challenges - "Embossing with the optional twist of Sparkle" - as above!
 
And now, on to this week's Friday Funny which comes to us courtesy of ScrappyJacky - thanks matey! Hope you will all enjoy, as I did!
 
 

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,


If you can resist complaining and boring people with your tribulations,


If you can eat the same food every
 day and be grateful for it,


If you can understand when your loved
 ones are too busy to give you the time of day,


If you can take criticism and
 blame without resentment,


If you can conquer tension
 without medical help, or drugs
 

If you can relax without alcohol, or good pot,
 


If you can sleep without the aid of medications. . . . .


.


.


.



 
 
 
Then You Are Probably The Family Dog!

 
Happy Friday - have a good one!
 

9 comments:

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy, The FF is just great and so right.

Have a good day.
Hugs
Lilian

SARN said...

LOVE that sparkly star card. It's FAB xxx

Chuckled at the FF xxx

sandie said...

I adore your Friday Funny! And how true!! Your card is so creative and a stunner. I would also have my decs and tree up now but have a hubby who also disagrees! Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabby! Love all that schparkle... Great FF too. Needless today the posse all approve wholeheartedly :oD

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

That FF made me chuckle all over again!!
Christmas wrapping....it's the one thing about christmas that I hate....and so tends to be left til the last minute....involves a lot of swearing at sellotape....and is not in the least bit creative!!!!

Louise Wright said...

sparkle and twinkle of your card is perfect.
I should start wrapping- not a nice job! Always takes soo much longer than I anticipate! Hope you have a good weekend planned :-) (love the FF)

Anita in France said...

Wow, Kathy, this is amazing ... the shimmer and shine and texture is incredible! Such a fun funny! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Tamie said...

Clean, simple card design and the sparkle with the gold embossing powder is spectacular. Thank you so much for sharing your marvelous inspiration with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks Sparkle Challenge.

Tamie DT

Lynn said...

Oh wow! Check out all that fabulous shimmer and sparkle! Gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!