Friday, 12 December 2014

Friday again - hope it's a good one!

Morning all
 
I bet many of you have Christmas Parties this weekend - ENJOY!!! I've had a social week this week with dinner with friends, drinks with friends and coffee (and mince pies!) with friends - let's hope this continues till Christmas - my waistband has a nano centimetre of space .... AT THE MOMENT!

Weather and trains permitting I'm off to Bath this morning, to check out the Christmas market, wish me luck! Been talking about it for long enough but always seem to think about it either too early (and then forget) or too late but this year (in true Goldilocks fashion) I was just in time!!!
 
Anyhoo, some crafting to share with you before I dress for the frozen wastes of N.E. Somerset! ....
 
My twinkly card
 
And a close up
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel (the 250gsm blank's a bit flimsy on its own)
  • Snippet of black card and silver card
  • Visible Image heart stamped using versamark ink and sprinkled liberally with silver razzle dazzle embossing powder and then heated
  • Woodware sentiment treated the same way
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped around the outer edge of the image panel using Versacolour silver ink
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. CASology - "SILVER"
  2. Crafting by design - "Silver and White"
  3. Friday Mashup - "Create a project using basic grey or smoky slate and silver OR Creat a project using heat embossing OR use both!"
 
And now for the Friday Funny, brought to you courtesy of Sandra ... it's a teensy bit cheeky but I reckon my regular Friday Funny-ers can take it! ENJOY!!!


A man entered the bus with both of his front pockets full of golf balls and sat down next to a beautiful (you guessed it) blonde. The puzzled blonde kept looking at him and his bulging pockets.

Finally, after many such glances from her, he said: 
"It's golf balls."

Nevertheless, the blonde continued to look at him for a very long time, deeply thinking about what he had said.

After several minutes, not being able to contain her curiosity any longer, she asked:

'Does it hurt as much as tennis elbow?
 
 

I've a pal who, along with her family, are going through a very difficult time right now - she knows who she is .... if you read this mate, be assured, our thoughts are with you and we're both sending the most positive of vibes your way.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend


12 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

what a beautiful card. Love the gorgeous heart stamp. It looks so pretty in silver. Good luck with the challenges.

Brilliant Friday Funny, as always. Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the funny, pretty card, woke up to snow here this morning! (not a lot, thank goodness).

SARN said...

Fabulous embossing and I chuckled at the Friday Funny.

Happy weekend wishes going your way xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love that glitzy heart. Enjoy the market....it's a good one.

Hettie said...

I am so envious of you going to Bath. My cousin reneged so I am not going now.
Is my work's girlie night tonight but I am home poorly! Drat!
Great joke and wonderful card.
Hugs
xx

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love the artistic feel of your heart image. And now I'm craving mince pies! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week, Kathy!

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderfully done! Enjoy the market!

Di said...

Super card and thanks for the chuckle Kathy! I'm at home too had to dip out of night out, sigh :(

Hope Bath was fun!

Hugs

Di xx

OH Babs said...

The card is stunning, and not Christmas, and it caught by eye and I had to investigate - glad I did.
The joke, oh so very funny.
Happy Holidays

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Kathy. Sounds like you are having a fabulous pre-holiday time seeing friends. I LOVE mince pies! And I LOVE your card. So artistic with this amazing image ... and love it done in the sparkly silvery embossing on black card. Fabulous! Loll xx

Heidi Baks said...

What a cool little image, and I love all the sparkle! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Gillian R said...

Such a pretty and elegant card. Love that heart. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week.