Friday, 5 December 2014

Friday again???? How did that happen?

Morning all

Here we are at another Friday and the week has simply flown by - I've been struggling (a bit) with yet another cold - following on so quickly from the last one ...... I'm fed up of it.
 
Hope you all have something lovely to look forward to this weekend, perhaps a Christmas party? I will be meeting up with a pal and also my cousin - we meet up every now again, roughly as often as we can co-ordinate our busy diaries!!! We've a table booked for Saturday evening and will be leaving the men to sort themselves out! It's that time of year you know, when you try to connect with as many friends and family as you are able ...... I've several meets set up in the coming weeks, some with hubby and some without, our diary is looking healthier than it's been all year so here's hoping I don't hit the hat trick on the cold front!!!

Anyway, time to share a little crafting with you all as I've not been very active the last couple of weeks, not really felt sufficiently creative OR full of energy so please bear with me! Here is what I was up to yesterday afternoon whilst watching a Christmas movie on TV.....


My "OLD" card!

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14.2cm square white card panel coloured around the edges using Distress Ink in antique linen
  • 13.5cm square panel x2, one from white card and one from water colour paper
  • I applied distress inks in antique linen and tea dye to an acrylic block before spritzing with water and pressing on to the centre of my watercolour panel
  • Using my Visible Image flower I stamped images on to the water coloured panel, the insert and the envelope using Versafine vintage sepia ink
  • I then stamped the Paper Artsy splatter image around the my flower using stamped off vintage sepia on the card panel and Encore gold ink to the insert and envelope
  • Snippet of white card coloured using Distress Inks in antique linen and pumice stone and then tea dye sponged through a TCW stencil.
  • Paper smooches sentiment stamped on to snippet panel using Ranger Archival jet black before attaching to the image panel with two sugared brads
  • Paper Smooches sentiment stamped on the insert and envelope using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal and protect my project

I will be entering this make in to the following challenges:- 
  1. CASology - "OLD"
  2. Freshly Made Sketches - see sketch below
 
And now for the Friday Funny, this week coming at you from Lilian - thanks mate, you're in the draw! It's a little irreverent so, if easily offended please don't read on! To the rest of you .... ENJOY!


CATHOLIC GOLF
 




A Catholic priest and a nun were taking a rare afternoon off and enjoying a round of golf.
 
The priest stepped up to the first tee and took a mighty swing. He missed the ball entirely and said "Shit, I missed."
 
The good Sister told him to watch his language.
 
On his next swing, he missed again. "Shit, I missed."
 
"Father, I'm not going to play with you if you keep swearing," the nun said tartly..
 
The priest promised to do better and the round continued.
 
On the 4th tee, he misses again. The usual comment followed.
 
Sister is really mad now and says, "Father John, God is going to strike you dead if you keep swearing like that."
 
On the next tee, Father John swings and misses again. "Shit, I missed."
 
A terrible rumble is heard and a gigantic bolt of lightning comes out of the sky and strikes Sister Marie dead in her tracks.

.
.
.
.
.
.

And from the sky comes a booming voice .
 

"Shit, I missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

Happy Friday


13 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! I LOVE that card. Great image and the colours work SO well. I think you can count that a job well done, especially as you're not feeling up to much. Hope you're feeling much better soon.

LOVE the Friday Funny :oD I do look forward to it each week.

Have a great weekend matey.

Lx

SARN said...

FAB card from the sketch.

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather (WHY do we say that???). Hope you feel better soon.

Roared with laughter at the FF. Keep 'em coming! xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great card for any age, well at least those over 29! Love the funny too, LOL.

Amy O said...

Oh, to be 29 again! This is a great image to use with the splattered background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Loll Thompson said...

Always a delight when I visit Kathy ... your joke has me laughing out loud! :)

Love your acrylic block card ... such a fabulous technique and you've done it beautifully! Thanks for joining us at ATS&M. Loll xx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Head tell me I am 29 but body says OH NO YOU ARE NOT lol

Hugs Lilian

Debs M said...

great effect with the acrylic block and the colours are fab x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This post made me laugh! Great card for the challenge too! You are so right, how so many different designs can come from one sketch! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog today too! Hazel x

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card, and I like how you did the envelope, too. Still laughing at the joke. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Lee-Anne said...

LOL Kathy, thanks for the joke! I love the simplicity of this design and love the sentiment! So happy you could join us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Katie Melhus said...

This splotchy flower looks so cool in the neutral colors :) Thanks for playing along with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

LesleyG said...

teehee very funny! LOvely card too! xxx

Jen Timko said...

Your card is so pretty!! Love that flower and your colors. And thanks for the smile. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!