Wednesday, 31 December 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR ... and my top 5 makes of 2014

Hi there readers,

Debbie from Scrapjourney is hosting a Favourite Five challenge today and, since I've had little chance to be anywhere near my table of craftiness it seemed like the perfect opportunity to share some (well, five to be exact) of my favourite makes of 2014. I looked through the cards I made in 2014 and, right at this minute I picked five favourites. Of course, if you asked me tomorrow there might be a different selection - before I change my mind ..... here they are:-

I made this card in August and I just LOVED the quirkiness of the sentiment
This card was for a pal who'd been looking long and hard for a new job

In September I loved the Visible Image image with the red tinsel embossing powder
I haven't embossed much for years but 2014 saw a bit of a rediscovery!

The simplicity of this card appealed to me in September

This was a fun technique I stumbled across in September
and fell in love with

New stash in November made this another favourite

You can see my five faves came from more recent makes - I was working backwards, who knows how differently this selection might have turned out if I had started in January and worked forwards?!




Yesterday morning we woke up to a bit of a white out .... no, not snow, but a thick white frost - spookily enough though .... it was gone by 10:00 - not even a bit of it left!! It doesn't show particularly well but the roof you can see SHOULD be dark brown tiles not white!

We even had frost on our open bedroom window - brrrr

Last night saw us entertaining the troops - well there was certainly enough food to have done just that but not, there were only seven of  us!!! No Harry or Zac this time - Harry was with his other grandma and Zac's been under the weather so a quiet night in with a babysitter was perfect to keep him calm and give us grownups free reign - maybe not SUCH a good idea!!! My hubby, the caterer, decided on a hot and cold buffet and I'm good with that - I even cleared my die cutting and colouring equipment from the dining room in preparation and broke out the beautiful table runner Wynneth so kindly made me a while ago.

Still looking remarkably like Christmas!

How much food?

Becky, Dawn and Nicky

Chris, Alan and friend????
And, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday I thought I should just share a pic of my messy (as always) work desk:-
 
Resolution for 2015 - to be tidier?
 
As another year draws to a close I find myself a little retrospective, I've had a good year, I have a great husband and some fantastic friends and family - I feel truly blessed - may you all be as lucky as me now and in 2015 too.

HOWEVER, I have a couple of pal's who are poorly right now with chest infections so Chris and Wynneth - feel better soon peeps.

I would like to wish each and every one of my readers and followers a very Happy New Year, here's to 2015!
 
Let's hope it's a good one!
 
 
Have a great Wednesday - see y'all next year!!!
 
 

12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Kathy this is a stunning series of creations, a true showcase of your wonderful creative talent. Its hard to pick a favourite. Thank you so much for sharing them with your bloggy friends.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely set of card....I think my favourite is the heart one.

Lesley Thomas said...

Love all your cards Kathy - you can start from the other end next time, and meet in the middle.
I'd be happy with some better health, and freedom from worry, for 2015. I'm glad to see the back of 2014.

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab selection of cards Kathy. lovely pics too.... not too sure about the craft space - if you get tidy you'll never find anything! Happy New Year!!

SARN said...

Great picks of 2014 Kathy.

Thank you for your good wishes. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your hubby too.

Off to play with new toys . . .

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Your Purpleness. Love your top five cards. So interesting to see the cards everybody would pick as THEIR favourites from a year's creative endeavour.

Looks like you all had a really fun time (and probably went to bed feeling pretty FULL too :oD) The house looks so lovely and twinkly too. Very impressed at the mahoosive clearance project to free up the table too. I salute you :oD

Happy New Year to you. See you on the other side ;oD

Lx

Sue - said...

Fabulous selection Kathy! Happy New Year to you!

Hettie said...

We had friends up last night and went through a mountain of food....especially home made cheese straws!! Gotta love frozen puff pastry!
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Hugs
xxx

Loll Thompson said...

Great picks for your favourites Kathy ... it's fun to take a look back, isn't it??!! :)

Looks like you had a fun time with lots of friends and good food. All the best to you in 2015 ... look forward to lots of crafty times! Loll xx

Alexeya said...

Great selection Kathy - I particularly like the Anniversary one. Happy New Year and look forward to seeing you in February. x

debby4000 said...

Your favourite cards are gorgeous
Thank you for joining my Favourite Five of 2014.
luv
Debby

Taunya Butler said...

What a great selection of favorite cards!! My personal favorite was the one that had circles in blues and said Happy Birthday!! That was a gorgeously cool and awesome card!!! Thanks for linking up so I could have the chance to see your work!!!