Sunday, 21 December 2014

Lazy Sunday and the last before "C" Day - hope you've finished your gift shopping!

Morning readers,
 
Bit bleary eyed at the purple palace this morning! We were out last evening, meeting up with friends for a meal, a chat and to exchange Christmas gifts. Our pals live a little over an hour east of us so we picked a venue approximately half way between us and boy, did we pick well!! The ambience was that of a Christmas party and there was Christmas music (played live at one point), the staff attentive and the food jolly good too. We had our choice of starter and dessert and the main course was from a carvery .... now, I don't know about you but carvery's can sometimes consist of overcooked veg, dried up meat and soggy roasties!!! Not so, the meat was moist and tasty, the roasties (and Yorkshire puddings) crisp and the choices of veg were refreshingly interesting too. So, what with the congenial company it was, all in all, a great evening! We were joined by our pals two teenage daughters, one of whom acted as chauffeur to our pals - a distinct advantage at this time of year, as I was the other designated driver both Megan and I were on the Perrier! Less interesting but oh, SOOOO much safer! I just have to hope that our pals will like their presents when they open them on Christmas morning! I'm delighted to say that my crochet necklace was not only admired but I have another to make now too!
 
Of course, with such splendid service at the restaurant we were done in good time and we sat and nattered long after we'd finished eating. We made our way home on much quieter roads than the outbound journey and were home in time for a nightcap whilst catching up on Strictly! What a mistake that was? Hadn't really thought it through as we started to watch around 10pm so we didn't get to our beds till gone 01:00!!! We just knew that the spoiler alert would be all over the news this morning and wanted to watch it all before bed - feeling a little dull this morning despite the Perrier though I can honestly say it's all about the lack of sleep as the nightcap truly was not THAT big!
 
Even feeling sluggish, I still wanted to craft this morning as I've had a good few days when I've not really had the chance lately ..... as many of you will know I like to mat my designs on square cards and make the inside reflect the card front too. This means that one sheet of A4 card usually generates one card after I've taken two 13½cm or 14cm squares from it ..... also leaving a strip A4 in length and just a smidge wider than a tag - perfect use for the offcut eh?

My tag batch from two A4 "strips" of snippets

And a close up which I hope will show a bit of twinkle
And the reverse
The smaller tags are intended to just have the recipients name and be inside the
package with the larger tag
 
Materials used:
  • White card snippets
  • Go Kreate tag die in two sizes
  • Craft Stamper Free snowflake (Chocolate Baroque if my memory serves me well) and smaller snowflake from an unknown manufacturer, stamped using Versafine majestic blue ink
  • Fiskars "To" and "From" and Clearly Besotted "To You" stamped on the reverse using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle - to seal, protect and "bling it up"

I'll be entering the above project for the following challenges:
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippet challenge"
  2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - "Whatever is still urgently needed for Christmas"
  3. Pumpkin Spice - "Blue and White"
 
If you are planning to be one of the estimated 16,000,000 shoppers hitting the High Street today then Best of blooming luck!!! Not me matey, you wouldn't catch me within a mile of the mall!

Have a fantabulous Sunday even if it IS the shortest day and still virtually dark!
 
 

11 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty labels Kathy, and not me either - the only shopping I'm doing this week is on Tuesday to get my veg, fruit and Turkey. (ordered). That way I get C eve all to myself so no rushing on C day.

cheryl Baker said...

oh these are beautiful,hun the detail is brilliant hope you have a wonderful Christmas sweetie hugs cheryl xxx

Mrs A. said...

I think we are all on a tag roll!
all done here except for the fresh veggies tomorrow. hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Super tags there Kathy! Love how you stmaped off the tags and then filled in with snowflakes.

Me not venturing near shops today either. Apparently our local Sainsburys opens at 6am tomorrow and is open right round the clock until 6pm on Christmas Eve. I bet it will still be heaving too! Debating if I can stagger out of my sleep pit for 6am in the morning - not a chance!!

Happy Christmas!

Hugs

Di xx

Debs M said...

Glad you had a nice meal and great use of your snippets! x

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a great evening.
Love the tags....I just haven't managed much in the way of tags this year.

Darnell J Knauss said...

You are such an inspiration with using up every little bit, Kathy! Your tags are festive and will be a wonderful addition to any gift!! Again, Happy Holidays!! You keep on living life to the full, my girl!! xxoo Darnell

LesleyG said...

Lovely tags. I made some similar, quick and simple. What we haven't got now we'll go without, coz I need to start next years lol. Have a great Christmas xxx

SARN said...

How did I miss this post? Saw it in the Snippets Playground!

Terrific tags and a great way to use up snippets.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 208 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

Alison C said...

I love blue and white. These are great.