Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Morning and welcome to Tuesday

Morning,

After a good number of days craft free you can imagine I was pretty keen to get back to the table of craftiness and yesterday I finally got my wish .... I was speaking (electronically) to a pal and we were discussing a particular challenge when an idea popped in to my head - thank Lilian - and here's what I made ....

My card

and my co-ordinating insert and envelope
My husband reckons it looks like footprints!!!

Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Lilac card cut very slightly smaller than the card blank
  • White card cut to mat on the lilac leaving a 1/16" border
  • Paper Artsy circles stencil (new stash from the weekend!)
  • Imagination Crafts lavender sparkle medium applied to the above stencil using a spatula and set aside to dry
  • Once dry I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • For the insert and envelope I sponged Distress Ink in milled lavender through the stencil using a Color Box stylus tool and foam blending head
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal the water based inks

I'll be entering this at the following challenges:
  1. Addicted to CAS - "DOTS"
  2. Not just cards (although this IS a card) - "Anything Goes"
  3. Paper Artsy - "Inspired by the DT" ..... my inspiration was the Wanda Hentges post as I had just acquired the same stencil ..
  4. Quirky Crafts - "Going around in Quirky Circles!"
  5. That Craft Place - "Anything Goes"
 
When I was out and about at the weekend I saw a sign which heralded a Christmas Fayre on SUNDAY December 1st!!!! Certainly not this year it wouldn't be but I hope it was well attended whenever it actually was. It set me to thinking about Christmas decorations so whether Sunday was the 30th of November or the 1st of December I set about putting up some dex ..... wanna see? I make NO APOLOGIES, what can I say? I LOVE CHRISTMAS and am not ashamed to admit it!
 
 
This one is in our bedroom

And this one is in the office, not near a socket so the lights are battery operated

Here's how our dining room looks

And the lounge
There's something to be said for wrapping the odd empty box to make your tree look festive!
I bet our neighbours are surprised to see our trees up and lit QUITE so early!, actually I blame surrogate daughter #2 and her hubby ...... their son has been away (with nanny) this past weekend and they thought they would surprise him on his return ...... he plays Santa at our Secret Santa bash on Boxing Day!
 
Happy Tuesday


17 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Din't get round to mine but will tomorrow, Great tree's Kathy. Maybe just maybe I might get a small tree,
Hugs
lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Very pretty card. I love all the sparkle.

Good to see you embracing the season wholeheartedly. Love your trees and I'm sure your neighbours are enjoying the festive twinkliness too :oD

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the bubbles, and your tree - sorry, trees are really pretty.

Donna Marie Middleton said...

A lovely project.Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.

Donna (DT) xxx

SARN said...

Deck the halls xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SARN said...

Fab schparkly birthday card too! x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Ooooh! Sparkly! I LOVE it! Off to look for that stencil and embossing medium! More for my groaning attic room! ;) Hazel x

Susan (rainy) said...

All sparkly and fun. Love the design. Super cute and CAS.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kathy, I love your sparkly circles and co-ordinating envelope and insert.
Your Christmas trees look fabulous.
Pauline
x

Debs M said...

loving the sparkles on your card and your decs look fabulous! x

Loll Thompson said...

Beautiful dotty card Kathy, full of purplicious, glittery goodness :) LOVE your trees ... I will have three trees up this year (I'm cutting back!). As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many decorated Christmas trees! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

Wanda Hentges said...

The card is beautiful!!! Love the sparkle!!! And your trees are all wonderful!!!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I think your enthusiasm for Christmas is heartwarming, KathyK, and I adore your trees and your dotty card!! You will be forever young!! Hugs, Darnell

Karren said...

Oooh that stencil is gorgeous - I might have to go shopping :) Fab card and I love your Christmas trees!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love your dotty and sparkly card!! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Kerrie Brown said...

awww thats such a gorgeous card i love the colours too - I too put the tree's and decs up on 30th November as with 4 kiddies a school night would have been too busy lol

thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge over at That Craft Place

Hugs Kerrie xx
TCP DT

Lucy Edmondson said...

It looks lovely!

Lucy x