After a good number of days craft free you can imagine I was pretty keen to get back to the table of craftiness and yesterday I finally got my wish .... I was speaking (electronically) to a pal and we were discussing a particular challenge when an idea popped in to my head - thank Lilian - and here's what I made ....
|and my co-ordinating insert and envelope|
My husband reckons it looks like footprints!!!
- C6 white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Lilac card cut very slightly smaller than the card blank
- White card cut to mat on the lilac leaving a 1/16" border
- Paper Artsy circles stencil (new stash from the weekend!)
- Imagination Crafts lavender sparkle medium applied to the above stencil using a spatula and set aside to dry
- Once dry I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- For the insert and envelope I sponged Distress Ink in milled lavender through the stencil using a Color Box stylus tool and foam blending head
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal the water based inks
I'll be entering this at the following challenges:
|This one is in our bedroom|
|And this one is in the office, not near a socket so the lights are battery operated|
|Here's how our dining room looks|
|And the lounge|
There's something to be said for wrapping the odd empty box to make your tree look festive!