Monday, 15 December 2014

Morning ... just NINE days to go till "C" Day!!!

Wotcher peeps,
 
How are you all this dull and grey Monday morning? Good weekend? Me too!

You will no doubt have spotted that I've put the Christmas decorations up on my blog (festive background) - hope you all approve!
 
Saturday afternoon surrogate daughter #2 stopped by with presents, she stayed for a chat and a glass of wine - well, 'Tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la lah!
 
Saturday evening my hubby and I were out to dinner with my brother and sister-in-law and a fine time was had by all, good food and good company - a winning combination. I found myself volunteering to dog sit for my nephew (subject to getting on with said pooch) only to discover hubby's nowhere near as keen as me!! Ooopsie!
 
Yesterday our pal's Wynneth, Tom and Andy (Wynneth's dad, a crafter known as Sir Andy) stopped by (along with Tilly The Wonder Dog!) for a cuppa and a mince pie so more sociable chat.
 
I love weekends like that, don't you?
 
I have looked at the presents under the tree and have a feeling that I SHOULD crack on and make some CAS "Thank You" cards in readiness for THE BIG DAY which, as my post title says is only NINE days away!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • Snippet of 300gsm Bristol board folded (tent style)
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado image stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue
  • Stickles (Crystal) to highlight

I'll be entering this thank you card for Di's "Snippets Challenge" over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop and also for the "Oh Christmas Tree" challenge over at Sweet Stamping

There I was blog hopping (as you do) and I saw a clever idea on Rocky's blog, using something most of us already have (in my case IN ABUNDANCE!) ... old magazines!! So .... I dashed to my stash of old Craft Stampers and whisked one out - it happened to have some purple pages and Christmas projects so I thought it eminently suitable .... and I started folding ....
 
My "tree"

And a close up which, I HOPE, will show the Spray and Sparkle

 
Materials used:
  • One elderly issue of craft stamper!
  • A bone folder - for crisper edges
  • Scissors
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle
  • Gold glittery snowflake (actually a mini tree decoration I've had for YEARS!)
Thanks, Rocky, for the idea to bling up a magazine AND make a Christmas decoration - makes a change from a card from me! DO pop over to Rocky's blog if you have a moment and see the difference between the Spray and Sparkle version and the glittered version

 
Have a great Monday
 

10 comments:

Rocky said...

Thank you so much for the link, I wish I could claim it as my idea but it's not. I don't know where it started but it's such fun. Your tree looks great, lots of lovely colour.

Lesley Thomas said...

I did the magazine tree last year, it was very effective!

SARN said...

LOVING the uber-CAS tree card Kathy.

. . .and WOW - your paper folded tree looks AMAZING. I'm going to check out Rocky's blog.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

love the mag tree and lovely card.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Thanks for joining in the fun at Sweet Stampin' this week for our 'Oh Christmas Tree' Challenge. Your thank you card is fabulous and such a great idea to be ready with thank you cards ahead of time! Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

Lilian said...

Great card kathy and love the tree.
Hugs
lilian

Di said...

Love your CAS snippets card Kathy! And the tree is fabulous! I've seen them around blogland previously but it's good to have the reminder and the link you so kindly added.

Hugs

Di xx

Debbie said...

Lovely tree card, thank you for joining in this week at Sweet Stampin'.
Debbiex

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, your card is lovely - I really like that tree stamp - it's the upturned branches that make me smile :) I made the magazine tree a couple of years ago. After showing them how to do two of my grandchildren made one whilst on a longish car journey - really kept them occupied :) Elizabeth xx

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a lovely CAS card - very festive. Perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx