Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Seasons Greetings

Morning all,

Now I love guinea pigs and kept them for YEARS but don't have one now ... when I saw this cutie I just knew I would have to use the image at Christmas .... most of mine would never have stayed still long enough to be draped with baubles though!

 
 
Right, Christmas starts here - where's that bottle of sherry? Only ONE more sleep .. tell you what, if you haven't got my present already ..... you might want to head to the shops - NOW!!!!

I can't believe I'm still making Christmas projects .... here's another to share with you ...



I HOPE you can see the twinkle on this close up

Materials used:
  • Snippet of water colour card brayered with Distress Inks in shades of blue (stormy sky, tumbled glass, salty ocean, faded jeans
  • Snippet of white card (for the backing, which I attached to my watercolour panel using Matte multi medium)
  • Go Kreate fancy tag die and my trusty big shot die cutter
  • Crafters Companion Raymond Briggs "Snowman" image stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Inks used as water colours:- tea dye/vintage photo, stormy sky, weathered wood, crushed olive, antique linen. Once coloured I fussy cut my image and attached to my tag using Ranger multi medium
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle to seal, protect and add a Christmas-y twinkle
  • Fiskars "To" and "From" stamped on the reverse of my tag using Ranger Archival jet black

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Cards and More - "All about Christmas"
  2. Stamps and Fun - "Christmas"
  3. Through the Craft Room Door - "Anything Christmas"

It's time for my usual Wednesday post and a glimpse of my work desk . . . . . FYI there's Christmas music playing in the background!

 
Christmas tree in the  background too!!!
  
Got any present wrapping left to do? Saw this ASTONISHING video which kind of turns my present wrapping on its head!! It's only 30 seconds so, if you have half a minute ....




Now, I don't usually post on Thursday's and it seems unlikely that many people will be blog hopping tomorrow so I'll close by wishing all of my readers (regular, occasional or even accidental!) a happy Christmas and a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year - I wish you all nothing but the best.
 
May Santa stop at yours tonight!
 
Don't forget (like you WOULD!!) that there's only one more sleep! For those of you with small children, you might want to see them "track Santa" today, care of the NORAD track Santa site - have fun!

Thanks for stopping by in 2014 and I hope you will continue to read and/or follow me in 2015 too


10 comments:

Sue - said...

Love your snowman tag! Merry Christmas to you and hubby,Kathy!

SARN said...

Cute tag . . . and I could see the sparkle clearly!

Thanks for the wrapping video . . . PLEASE save that and put it on your blog again in NOVEMBER . . . not AFTER all the presents are wrapped!

Merry Craftmas to you and the Hubster.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

scrappyjacky said...

I can't believe you're still making christmas projects either!!!
A very Happy Christmas to you.

Lesley Thomas said...

Great video, yes, it was quick, but wrapping nice, neat boxes isn't that difficult, it's the awkward shaped ones that are harder.

Happy Christmas to you and all who visit here.

Lilian said...

Great Tag Kathy,
Love the wrapping video.
Have a great Christmas Kathy
Hugs
lilian

Darcy Schroeder said...

Happy Christmas, Kathy!! Thanks for the video and brightening my day with your fun talk!! Your tag is gorgeous--love it!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Through the Craft Room Door!
Hugs
Darcy

Viv's Visuals said...

Scrummy tag Kathy. Have a wonderful Christmas. x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy Christmas to you too Your Purple Craftiness. I look forward to more inspiration and Friday Funnies in 2015.

Cute Christmas Piglet and I love your Snowman tag too.

About to watch the wrapping video. I just know I'm going to feel inadequate :oD

Happy Holidays matey.

Lx

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful tag Kathy. I love the glitter. Merry Christmas.

Doris P. said...

What a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at CuM!
Hugs Doris