Thursday, 18 December 2014

Thursday ...... not my usual post day ...

Morning all,
 
How's your week coming along?
 
Mine's been once social whirl with visiting friends and relatives alike - it seems that everyone wants to "catch up" at this time of year!
 
Last night we were out with a pal, nipped to Raj's our fave local Indian restaurant and had a splendid time - which is no more and no less than we've come to expect in the 20+ years we've been going there!!! OH MY! That sounds like SUCH a long time - I wonder how many Indian meals we've consumed there and ... I'm pleased to report, never a dud! Last night was a little different as Dean was in! Now, it should be pointed out that we've never met Dean but ... it was his 55th birthday "DO" and, when the cake came out ... we joined in the Happy Birthday ditty .... shared a few jokes and chat - imagine our surprise when three slices of birthday cake came our way! What a nice party they turned out to be - same time next year peeps?
 
Anyway, there are some fabulous blingy challenges out there and I don't use loose glitter as often as I should so it seemed like an excuse to break some out ....
 
My card

And a close up to show the sparkle of the glitter and, hopefully, the wink of stella on the deer
 
My co-ordinating insert and envelope
Christmas cheer glitter
from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square of white card (Rymans 200gsm) - two pieces, one for the inside of the card
  • Double sided tape (x 3) to the right hand side of the front card panel.
  • Having removed the centre top piece of tape I laid down gilding flakes and burnished.
  • Once this was done I removed the remaining two pieces of tape and liberally sprinkled the gorgeous opaque glitter "Christmas Cheer" from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle (which I've had for ages) and tapped off the excess
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado reindeer image stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink
  • Using the clear Wink of Stella brush glitter pen I highlighted parts of the reindeer image on the front of my card
 
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Cute Card Thursday - "SPARKLE"
  2. Merry Monday - A CHRISTMAS PROJECT .... "WINTER WONDERLAND"
  3. Sparkle 'n Sprinkle - "USE LOOSE GLITTER"
  4. Papertake Weekly - "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS IT'S FESTIVE"
 
Quite like the above card but now wondering if I should have put the glitter strips across the bottom .. any thoughts readers?

If you saw my post of yesterday regarding the necklaces I crocheted - I decided to give them to my pals as a surprise Christmas giftie so here they are wrapped!

I made the pillow box but not the cube!!!
 I'd like to think I'm GOOD but not THAT good!!!!


Have a great Thursday

15 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card kathy, Love the box you made, I am sure if you tried you could make the other one as well,
Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Great makes today mrs k, loving the pretty boxes and I'm sure your oaks will be thrilled to open them and find fabulous necklaces inside - all made by your own fair hand.

Your sparkly card is flabby, I actuLly like the glitter strips on the right, wouldn't move them at all. Nice to see you breaking out your glitter again. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge on CCT this week.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful card. Simply elegant. Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Challenge for Sparkle N Sprinkle.

SARN said...

Loose glitter gives me the heebie geebies . . . I'm a Stickles-only gal!

Your glitzy card is very pretty though. Walk away from the card, it does not need glitter strips at the bottom! Love it just as it is!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

How kind of you to make the necklaces and give them away as gifts. You are very generous.

xxxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Did somebody say CAKE? Slurp! How nice....

Love your beautiful card. The colours AND the stripes are perfect if you ask me and I love the boxes too. I know your necklaces will be greatly appreciated. They are beautiful. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Love all the sparkle and glitter.

Lesley Thomas said...

I have the reindeer stamp Kathy, but not the sentiment, which compliments it very well. Nice about the slices of cake too.

crafty-stamper said...

you make such beautiful Cas cards and love that you always decorate an envelope to match -love the pillow box and you could make the cube-don't put yourself down
Carol x

Katie Melhus said...

I love all that sparkle, its so pretty with that elegant deer! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

LauraVi said...

Love your elegant deer, it creates a magical atmosphere!

Bonnie said...

I love the glitter strips on the side, Kathy! I think they are perfect with this beautiful deer! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

A beautiful glittery goodness card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Belinda said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again!
Hugs
Belinda
belinda-lovestamping.blogspot.com

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous CAS card and I love the strips of glitter and the coordinating envelope. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.