Saturday, 20 December 2014

Welcome to challenge Saturday

Hi there dear reader,
 
How's your weekend shaping up? Well I hope - got Christmas party/parties lined up?
 
I guess those of you with little kids are trying to keep their minds (and hands!) off the presents under the tree!! Here's a thought, the Norad Santa tracker - there are things to do on the site and, on Christmas Eve you can "track" Santa's progress!!! See it here
 
Anyhoo .. as my regular readers will know from previous Saturday's and new readers will guess from the title .... Saturdays are my challenge days and I have no reason to suppose that today will be any different ...
 
My card

And the matching inside and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 2 x 14cm square white card panels
  • Carabelle image and Stamplorations "Birthday" sentiment builder stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Stamplorations "Happy" sentiment builder stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Paper artsy "splatter" image stamped using Versacolour silver ink
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Stamplorations December Challenge - "Designers choice" ... I went with their November challenge for stamps and layers, albeit only two (Base card + image layer) - hope that's OK.
  2. Crazy for CAS - "Anything Goes"

And my second make:-

My sparkly card

And a close up to show the gorgeous twinkly AGATHA embossing powder and
the super effect caused by the Spray and Sparkle too!
And the inside and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 2 x 13½cm square white panels
  • Black card, for matting my image panel - cut using perfect layering ruler and craft knife
  • Penny Black reindeer family stamped using Versamark ink and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "Agatha" embossing powder (FAB-u-LOUS because it looks black or gold depending on how you look at it!)
  • Penny Black sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Distress Ink in stormy sky "pounced" across a piece of ripped card to "ground" my image
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle all over the card - to give it still MORE sparkle!!! Like it needed it! However, it DID then prove tricky to photograph - sorry peeps! It's uber twinkly in real life

I will be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - "FAMILY"
  2. Addicted to CAS - "FAMILY"
  3. Pink Gem - "Anything Christmas"
  4. Crafting by Design - "EMBOSSING FOR FUN" - I used heat embossing but I bet you can all work that one out!
  5. Cute Card Thursday - "SPARKLES"

FAB news - one of my cards was chosen for the spotlight section over at Crafting by Design - thanks peeps, I'm honoured. It was my INKognito (Visible Image) heart card - follow the link if you can't remember it, but here's the central image ..



And I think that's it for this post ..... if I don't happen to see you again between now and Christmas then .... have yourself a Merry Little Christmas ...


 
 
Happy Saturday
 

23 comments:

Debs M said...

Love the reindeer stamp - 2 fabulous cards and well done on your spotlight - forgot to say the glue gun tutorial was great. I have an unopened glue gun still! x

Lesley Thomas said...

Happy Christmas to you too, Kathy. I'm not sure about the 'eye' card, but I do like the others. (what is the ghost between the two reindeer?) Not surprised your Heart card was featured, it's a super image.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely cards and so pleased your gorgeous card has been in the spotlight too. Well done Your Purpleness.

Lx

Kathyk said...

GHOST Lesley? I think that's the "mum's" leg you can see.

Thank you for your kind comment regarding my heart card too

Kathyk

scrappyjacky said...

Love all the reindeer.

SARN said...

Congrats on your well-deserved recognition Kathy.

Brilliant birthday card and I love the Christmas one too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

sandie said...

Wondeful cards, love the eye image and the way you take time to decorate the envelopes. Thanks for joining us at atCAS

Gerrina said...

The rendeers from the LIM-card are beautiful in all the sparkles, but I have ordered the same eye-stamp that you used on the BD-card; think that one is great! Have a fun week and seasons greetings, Gerrina

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

All glitzy and lovely Kathy! Not surprised one of your cards was chosen for the spotlight section . . . well deserved! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today . . . and in answer to your question . . . I WISH ;0

Hazel x

Jan Ltc said...

Great cards. Have a wonderful Christmas & New Year xx Jan

Chrissie said...

Great cards Kathy, the stags are fab!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cherry said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy. Love that eye stamp in particular. Well done on your feature too - very well deserved. Hope you are well and Steve. Have a fabulous Sunday. C xxx

Cornelia W said...

Happy Holidays to you Kathy! Oh, I love your cards! The eye card is so striking, the glitzi deer card is fabulous and the heart is simply stunning! Congrats on your shout-out - well deserved!

Nonni said...

Beautiful cards! I love the CAS look with glitter. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Anne said...

Super cards Kathy and what a super sparkly reindeer family!
Merry Christmas and a happy new year
Anne
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic cards Kathy as always that amazing attention to detail on the inside and envelope.
Love the take on our challenge and the little cartoon!
Have a fabulous Christmas and New Year and thanks as always for sharing and taking part.
Sarah
Less is More

Cornelia W said...

I also saw you are on my commenting rotation for STAMPlorations - here is my official THANK YOU for linking up with us at STAMPlorations!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun cards - that eye is awesome - Thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations

Ann Tuck said...

I just love that reindeer family, Kathy! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog - I do appreciate your taking the time with everything so busy this week! Have a very merry Christmas, and a wonderful crafty 2015! Ann

maureenjscott said...

gorgeous stunning cards! Love them all! Thanks for joining our Embossing for Fun challenge at Crafting By Designs, Mo xxx

Rahmat said...

Beautiful set of cards Kathy. Thanks for joining at CFC- Guser designer Rahmat.

Harriet Skelly said...

Your cards are beautiful! I especially like the shiny stags! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS!

Anja Curvers said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us oevr at CFC.