Monday, 29 December 2014

Welcome to Monday

Hi readers
 
Here's hoping you all had a lovely Christmas with no weather related issues either. No white Christmas here but perhaps that's no bad thing. I LOVE snow ..... to look at but not to have to travel in so truly only appreciate it in the movie "White Christmas"!

We had a quiet Christmas Day but a far more riotous Boxing Day (26th) with our "surrogate family" - Zac is growing so fast and nothing (and I mean NOTHING) is safe - not even ME!!!
 
"Santa" wreaking havoc with mummy's phone!
It's true what they say .. "Can't work your phone? Call a 2 yr old"!!!
 
Anyhoo, a new monthly challenge has been launched on CB2½ (membership required) and the theme is: WINTER; so I set to work - after three attempts with the wonderful Penny Black fantasy tree I concluded I had the wrong sort of leaves on my project!!!!! Well that excuse works for the railways! So, I changed tack and went for an image I really don't use often enough ....
 
 
My twinkly winter card

My co-ordinating inside and envelope
 
Here's how it progressed:
 
My stamp and ink of preference

Stamped, water coloured and blinged up!

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card
  • 13½cm square white card panels (for front and insert)
  • Deep blue card for matting at 1/16" with the aid of my perfect layering ruler and craft knife
  • I stamped my PSX image on the front, insert and envelope using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I stamped my Inkadinkado sentiment (front) and See D sentiment on the inside using the same black ink.
  • Distress Inks (used water colour style with a brush):- weathered wood, tumbled glass, salty ocean, tea dye, aged mahogany, stormy sky, mustard seed and evergreen bough
  • Using a small amount of iridescent medium I "painted" the snow before liberally sprinkling with crystal glamour dust - giving the fabulous twinkle you see in the first photograph
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Splendiferous Creations - Holiday cards
  2. Gem of a challenge - Anything Christmas
  3. That Craft Place - Anything Goes
 
Have a fab Monday peeps - hope you are all gearing up for the New Year celebrations!
 

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Glad you had a good christmas....and you've even started crafting for the next one.

Lesley Thomas said...

You should use it more Kathy, it's a beautiful stamp.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabulous card Kathy. I really love it and I'm sure it will do well in your challenges.

Gosh a-mighty, young Zac is growing like a weed isn't he. Seems like he's fixing to join surrogate uncle Steve as a fully paid up member of the Technical Help Desk. This, I feel, is to be encouraged :oD

Lx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a gorgeous image Kathy and fantastic colouring! Happy New Year! Hazel x

SARN said...

Wonderful scenic card Kathy + matching insides & envelope.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

catherine said...

Fabulous winter card Kathy. Love the envelope and insert too. Yes it true with technology- that's where my lot come in very handy when I don't understand- just shout the kids and problem solved-lol!!!
x catherine

Loll Thompson said...

What a cute little guy ... I bet you had fun when he visited! :)

Beautiful watercoloured card Kathy. LOVE this gorgeous winter scene, made even more special with you soft watercolouring and touches of sparkle. Loll xx