- 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippet of white card coloured using Hero Arts neon blue, Distress Inks in tumbled glass, broken china and salty ocean which were "swiped" across my snippet a la paint sample!!! This did NOT look good but I didn't expect it to as I planned to use gesso as part of my master plan ...
- I then used a circle punch to make my own stencil using a snippet of card
- I sponged gesso through my "stencil", till I was happy with the effect created before I scrunched up some cling film and scrunched iridescent medium over my design (a la "faux mother of pearl technique") - to give it a slight texture and an interesting sheen
|And the overall design of the bespoke backing paper in this one!|
- I then stamped my Penny Black image using Versafine Imperial blue ink before spraying with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine (to protect in transit) and matting on a turquoise blue layer
And here is the colour inspiration - I didn't have exactly the colours so had to use a little poetic licence but I hope my fellow LIM-ettes will forgive me! I've left a sentiment off thinking it could be a birthday or a get well, thinking of you - it will fit all sorts of occasions in my mind
Happy Saturday everyone