Sunday, 18 January 2015

And it's a sunny Sunday .... but cold!!!

Morning all,
 
I know it's only just but you know how it goes, you get up, you faff about and then you discover the morning's ALMOST gone!!!
 
I hit the table of craftiness late today ..... not till a smidge before 11:00 - I SHOULD point out that I also managed two wash loads BEFORE this time but ..... see above!
 
I'm still circling the drain on the snippet eradication - can't seem to get it out of my head and I know there are a lot of the pesky little blighters to use anyway so I'm not too bothered. I thought I would make another for my ATC swap buddy because I REALLY like the fact it has to use TWICE as many snippets because I duplicate the materials for my swap buddy.
 
My girlie ATC

And the duplicate materials to head to my trading card buddy
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of yellow card, cut to ATC size
  • Snippet of pink card - die cut using both a plain and scallop edged circle, deliberately cut off centre - honest ...... after all I did the same on the duplicates!!!
  • Snippet of white card die cut in to a circle (sized between the two, so the edges would be hidden behind the pink)
  • I applied mod podge sparkle, using just a tissue, to give the pink circle some twinkle
  • I stamped the Spa Girls using Memento Paris Dusk ink (ALL of the stamps apart from the splatters are from the Inkadinkado set "Girlfriends")
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Sentiments and tea cup stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento dandelion and tangelo inks
 
I'll be entering this ATC over at the following challenges:
  1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - "Snippets challenge"
  2. Suzi Bee's blooming challenge - "Anything Goes + twist of ADD SPARKLE"
  3. Cute Card Thursday - "Just for laughs" ... I'm hoping a trading CARD counts
 
Have a wonderful Sunday - if it's still slippery where you are then ... do take care.
 

11 comments:

SARN said...

Hee hee hee . . . great Spa Day ATC there Kathy. Good to hear you're still at the Snippet Busting. Keep up the good work.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the ATC.

Becca Cruger said...

Such a whimsical creation! I'm sure your swap mate will love it.

Di said...

This is great Kathy! I love the effect that die cutting the circle off centre gives to an already fun ATC!

Hugs

Di xx

Debs M said...

love it! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a great image. I LOVE it! Good to see you're not letting those pesky snippets beat you too. Onwards and upwards ;oD

Lx

Lilian said...

Great ATC Kathy. You sure are using a lot of snippets,

Hugs
lilian

Cathy said...

Great use of snippets Kathy, love this fun image, Cathy x

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Hi Kathy!
Thank you for joining the Blog Candy competition at Speed Craft! x
I've sorted out the linky tool, try linking up for the 2nd time. Let me know if you have any problems.

Love you colourful ATC!so fun! xxx

Craftyrose said...

Aha, the snippet queen strikes again...love it..have not forgotten our cuppa Kathy....I'm just waiting to feel better...haven't seen anyone for ages, this illness had zapped me.xx

Elizabeth said...

A great fun card, Kathy - super use of those snippets. Elizabeth xx