What a vile day yesterday was? It was raining when we woke, it was raining when we had lunch ... then it stopped, the sun came out briefly and then .... it was dark! Roll on spring!
|My three layers, the base card, the leaf layer and the berry layer|
|And a close up which I HOPE will indicate the pearly sparkle and the glitter drops on this project|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square panel of 300gsm water colour card
- 14½cm square panel of white 200gsm smooth card
- I swiped my Versamark ink pad around the edges of the 200gsm card before sprinkling gold dazzle embossing powder and heat embossing - it gives a beautifully glittered border that perfectly matches the stamped sentiment
- Anita's image stamped three times on to watercolour card using Versamark ink and funstamps pearlescent plum embossing powder liberally sprinkled, excess shaken off and then heat embossed.
- Distress Inks: festive berries, aged mahogany, tumbled glass, pine needles, iced spruce
- Water mister with pearl mica powder added (and WELL shaken) to create the pearl spritz from the video
- Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to a snippet of water colour paper using Versamark ink before sprinkling liberally with gold dazzle embossing powder and excess tapped off before heat embossing. I then edged the panel with the tumbled glass distress ink
- Self adhesive glitter "droplets" for added twinkle and embellishment
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied, to protect the water based colours
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
- Little Red Wagon - "Sparkle and Shine"
- Pennys challenges - "Anything Goes"
- ABC of Christmas - "A is for Anything Christmas"
- Cute Card Thursday - "What's New" .. in my case it's the technique!
- Happy Little Stampers - "Water colour"
|OMG!!! Whatever COULD go wrong - DID!!! |
My card buckled, my brushos went EVERYWHERE AND you could hardly see my heat embossing
|The heat embossed image was the top one from this set .....|
can you see it? Nope? Me either!!! DOH!!
- 13½cm square of 200gsm smooth white card.
- Inkadinkado image stamped on to the white card using a Versamark ink pad before sprinkling Funstamps Pearlescent plum embossing powder, shaking off the excess and heat embossing
- I then spritzed the "pearl water" (see the video above) before shaking purple and lemon brusho water colour crystals over my project .... I tried to get the purple over the flower head and the lemon elsewhere - not sure how exact I wanted it (or achieved!)
And now for the Friday Funny, this week the choice of my pal, Sandra, thanks mate - you're in the 2015 draw!!!
It's called "HEAVENS CLOCKS"
Have a great Friday