Friday, 30 January 2015

Another weekend? Already?

Morning readers,
 
We made it to another weekend! Got plans? Me? I'm having enough trouble getting my head around the concept that we're virtually at the end of January already .... can anyone tell me what happened to January? Did I fall asleep and miss most of it? Should I be starting my Christmas shopping in case the rest of the year gallops away at the same speed?

Yesterday was a sociable day .... I had a lovely natter with a pal in the morning and then a great visit with my aunt and  uncle in the afternoon - though we had to resist their urges to press cake upon us!!!As we headed home we were thwarted at every turn .... our usual route (the ring road) was a car park so we thought it wouldn't matter, we would simply take the "old route" .... yep, CLOSED!!! We ended up going along country lanes and through a veritable maelstrom of weather from wind to sleet and then on to full blown snow/wind ..... it didn't last the customary 30 minutes to designate it a blizzard but it sure was unpleasant for the duration! If you have woken to similar weather again this morning then do take care out there.
 
I've had occasion to use rather a lot of Get Well cards lately and my regular readers will know that when I find a technique I like then I tend to make several projects using it .... I find this sort of "seals" the technique in my head so ... without further ado, here's another "bouncing brayer" Get Well make for your perusal - hope you enjoy it ... do take a few minutes to watch the video if you are curious about this super fun and super easy technique ..
 
 
My "bouncy" card
 
And my co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • White C5, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of white card on to which I used the bouncing brayer technique and the Brilliance peacock tricolour ink pad
  • Snippets of navy and lime coloured card, for matting
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped numerous times using the pearlescent lime segment
  • Penny Black "tulip" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Deep Red grungey border stamped using the pearlescent lime section of the peacock pad
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using the pearlescent sky blue section of the peacock pad and then the pearlescent lime section of the pad for the Paper Artsy splatter image .... the sentiment panel was then matted on to a snippet of the navy card

  Deep Red Cling Stamp Set 4.25 X5.5  - Grunge Borders
Hot Pick Xtra 01 - Backgrounds               imagine that ... Write Big #2 Clear Stamps  

I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
  1. Cute Card Thursday - "Stamping Mad" - I used four stamps on this project
  2. Simonsaysstamp - "Anything Goes"
  3. The Crafters Café - "Make your own background" ... bouncing brayer + splatter (who doesn't love splatters ... I know several crafters who DO!)
  4. Digistamps for Joy - "BINGO" .... I used the Flowers/free/2 or more layers squares ... count those layers ... I make it five, six if you count the base card!
    Digistamps4Joy

I hope you will all feel better soon ....... Lovely Ron, Sally and Liz.

I had a couple of comments about my bouncing brayer card from Wednesday's post ..... hence not only did I decide to make another card for today's post but I also thought I would post a technique video ... so, here's an 8 minute video from youtube which shows how to do it ... you can use glossy or non glossy card stock and you can use single or multicolour ink pads - depends what you want for the finished effect - have a look and then have some fun!


 

And now for the Friday Funny which comes at you this week courtesy of my trading card buddy, PatG  .... there are 24 one liners to take in here so settle in and ENJOY!
 
24 Jokes to Make You Smile :)
 
1. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't.

2. I don't suffer from insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it!

3. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

4. Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive.

5. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

6. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

7. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

8. I'm not a compete idiot -- some parts are missing!

9. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

10. God must love stupid people -- He made so many!

11. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

12. Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

13. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

14. Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it.

15. Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.

16. Procrastinate now!

17. I have a degree in Liberal Arts -- do you want fries with that?

18. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

19. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.

20. He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.

21. A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

22. Ham and eggs -- a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

23. The trouble with life is there's no background music.

24. I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
 
Have a fabulous weekend peeps


12 comments:

Debs M said...

Great card, thanks for the video and the ff is fabby x

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a great technique! Thanks for the helpful video and lush card as inspiration. Might just have to give this a go.

Have a great weekend.

Lx

Di said...

Super card Kathy - and thanks for the video link, It was almost as if her brayer was chattering rather than really bouncing!

Loved the Friday quotes too :)

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

That really does look like a fun technique. Never tried it, but looks like I SHOULD. The only bouncing my brayer normally does is when I throw it out the window in a temper! Mine simply WILL NOT co-operate like Barbara Gray's does!

Thanks for sharing the video. LOVE the PB Brushstrokes card you have made Kathy.

Hugs, Sarn

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card.....and great FF.

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathy it's a beautiful card
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Heather said...

A fabulous card Kathy, I love your bouncing brayer technique - lovely colour scheme and such a pretty tulip image!!

Thanks so much for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Becca Cruger said...

Beautiful! I can see why you like that technique. It sure makes for a stunning background!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Kathy! super cute card, luv the design and colors! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

add a little glimmer to your life.....sparkle & shine! *~*

Desire Fourie said...

Kathy this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘BINGO’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digi Stamps 4 Joy. Hope to see you again next time.

Chasing the Dream said...

Lovely embellishments and awe-inspiring image. Digistamps4Joy.
HugsBerni (DT Member)