Yesterday was a sociable day .... I had a lovely natter with a pal in the morning and then a great visit with my aunt and uncle in the afternoon - though we had to resist their urges to press cake upon us!!!As we headed home we were thwarted at every turn .... our usual route (the ring road) was a car park so we thought it wouldn't matter, we would simply take the "old route" .... yep, CLOSED!!! We ended up going along country lanes and through a veritable maelstrom of weather from wind to sleet and then on to full blown snow/wind ..... it didn't last the customary 30 minutes to designate it a blizzard but it sure was unpleasant for the duration! If you have woken to similar weather again this morning then do take care out there.
- White C5, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippet of white card on to which I used the bouncing brayer technique and the Brilliance peacock tricolour ink pad
- Snippets of navy and lime coloured card, for matting
- Paper Artsy splatter image stamped numerous times using the pearlescent lime segment
- Penny Black "tulip" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Deep Red grungey border stamped using the pearlescent lime section of the peacock pad
- Imagine That sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using the pearlescent sky blue section of the peacock pad and then the pearlescent lime section of the pad for the Paper Artsy splatter image .... the sentiment panel was then matted on to a snippet of the navy card
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
- Cute Card Thursday - "Stamping Mad" - I used four stamps on this project
- Simonsaysstamp - "Anything Goes"
- The Crafters Café - "Make your own background" ... bouncing brayer + splatter (who doesn't love splatters ... I know several crafters who DO!)
- Digistamps for Joy - "BINGO" .... I used the Flowers/free/2 or more layers squares ... count those layers ... I make it five, six if you count the base card!
And now for the Friday Funny which comes at you this week courtesy of my trading card buddy, PatG .... there are 24 one liners to take in here so settle in and ENJOY!
2. I don't suffer from insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it!
3. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
4. Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive.
5. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
6. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
7. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
8. I'm not a compete idiot -- some parts are missing!
9. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
10. God must love stupid people -- He made so many!
11. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
12. Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.
13. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
14. Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it.
15. Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.
16. Procrastinate now!
17. I have a degree in Liberal Arts -- do you want fries with that?
18. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
19. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.
20. He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
21. A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.
22. Ham and eggs -- a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
23. The trouble with life is there's no background music.
24. I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.