Saturday, 24 January 2015

Another weekend - it's Challenge Day!

Hello readers,
 
Well it's Saturday once more and I hope you all have nice things planned for this weekend .... ? Me? Well, hubby left home yesterday for a boys night out and I had 24 hours to myself ..... first of all I thought I would go shopping ..... BIG mistake. I planned to hit a small shopping area less than two miles from home but it took me 20 minutes to drive there!!! apparently there was something going on locally that resulted in a detour along my chosen route - wish I'd known that earlier as I would sooo not have bothered but, being dual carriageway I was kind of committed! To add insult to injury I then didn't find anything to buy!!! Came home and thought I would trawl the internet instead perhaps snagging myself some crafting goodies in the sale .... my PC decided to go on strike and demanded a re-boot so, whilst I was waiting, I decided to overhaul the cupboard that I keep my gift wrap/tags/etc - two hours later and it's ever so much tidier and I've thrown out all those pretty little bits of ribbon and those fab little bows and things that are too nice to throw away but which you know (in your heart) you will never recycle! There's another trash bag to head to the tip now!
 
Most of my "regulars" will know that I often spend my Saturday mornings crafting, working on newly launched challenges - the weekend presents quite a few of those! Anyhoo, with hubby away I felt I could treat myself to some crafting without guilt and just got plastered .... with ink! check out my make ......
 

My "neon" card AND it's just ONE LAYER too!

And my equally neon insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Inks:- Hero Arts neons in pink, blue and green and Versafine onyx black
  • Images:- Kaisercraft grid, Paper Artsy "splatter" Visible Images "larger splatter", Woodware sentiment
 
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Cute Card Thursday - "Colourful" - check! Doesn't get MUCH more colourful!
  2. Red Rubber Inspirationals - "Focus on the stamping" - check! No fewer than five stamps on this baby!
 
In the meantime it's off to my table of craftiness ... over at Simply Less Is More they've a cool sketch, heaven knows I DO love a nice sketch.
 
 
My card
 
And co-ordinating inside and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Visible Image polka dots stamped using Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Kaisercraft distress image stamped using Hero Arts neon orange ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon blue ink
  • Inkadinkado flower stamped on to a snippet of white card using Hero Arts neon pink and then die cut in to a circle
  • Woodware sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
 

And the sketch from LIM..........................................................
 
Happy Saturday - ENJOY

17 comments:

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards but I Love the first one xx Jan

Chrissie said...

Looks like you've been having a wonderful inky time Kathy!
Super stuff!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super funny post Kathy and 2 fabulous eye catching and colourful cards. Thanks so much for playing along
Sarah
Less is more

Gillian R said...

So pretty. Love the neon colours

Lesley Thomas said...

Great cards Kathy, and you absolutely deserve a whole crafty day, after spending 2 hours sorting things out.

SARN said...

I put my sunnies on to view these cards . . . they are so lovely and bright and cheerful Kathy.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

So bright and cheerful,Kathy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Particularly love the first card Kathy but both are fab. Good to see you using your time productively while the hubster's away. Lx

catherine said...

Fabulous cards Kathy and lovely use of those neon colours
x catherine

Cherry said...

Loving the colours Kathy. Sorry you had a bad trip out. Have a lovely quiet rest of the weekend. Hope Steve has had a good time.

Hugs Cherry xxx

Debs M said...

very bright and cheery Kathy x

Lilian said...

Two great cards Kathy, Love the bright colours,
Hugs
lilian

Gerrina said...

Two fab cards! Love the first one most (have that stamp and never used it that way, whilst my card for LIM this week has the same technique...) Have a good week, Gerrina

Carol said...

Two fabulous cards Kathy, love the funky colours and stamps you've used. Carol x

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Kathy, gorgeous colours.
Pauline
x

Anne said...

WOW Kathy! Love that one layer!
Thanks so much for joining us this week, sorry to be late in visiting your blog
Anne
Less is More

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Awesome...5 stamps!!! Thank you for joining my challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs