Monday, 26 January 2015

Monday again - have a good week!

Morning readers,
 
Good weekend? Mine was interesting ... what with hubby being away Friday night and having guests due to dinner on Sunday it was a busy old weekend - the catering department (aka the hubby) did a grand job yesterday and turned out his usual excellent standard ... we went Thai with a lovely green curry with rice and stir fried veg followed by a delicious home made maple pecan bread and butter pudding - very nice but VERY rich.
 
Light lunch due today methinks!
 
Anyhoo, yesterday was Rudolph Day and I took the opportunity to start on my 2015 Christmas Card Quota .... and here's another I'd like to share with you ...
 
My card

Yes, rather unusually I went both CAS and dimensional!!!
And my co-ordinating inside and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Personal Impressions snowie image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Brusho turquoise (left in my palette from a previous water colour excursion) water colour crystal, Distress Inks in black soot and festive berries used water colour fashion with a water brush
  • I used a snippet of card to make a mask which I taped in position with low tack tape before applying Distress Ink in stormy sky around my image panel, using an Inkylicious ink duster
  • Dimensional foam pads to secure my image panel in place
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the snow
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Hiding in my craft room - "Any Holiday"
  2. Patti's Creations challenge blog - "must feature snow" .. check! Snowman AND it's snowing!
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - "Joy to the World" - who DOESN'T smile when they see a snowman??
 
 
 
Be sure and stop by again on Wednesday as I've a surprise for you .... and, no, it's NOT just a tidy desk!
 
 
 

11 comments:

SARN said...

Such a cute CAS Christmas card Kathy.

Wahoo . . . can't wait for Wednesday's surprise! Give us a clue!!!!

Happy Monday to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Squirrel x said...

I'm not sure how you have time to craft hun, your social life is constant!! Loving this sweet little snowman, he looks so cheeky. Have a good week. Hugs xx

Sue - said...

Sweet card - love your snowman looking out of the window!

Lauren Hatwell said...

A surprise!? Whatever could it be?

Love your gorgeous snowman card and I'm so pleased to hear you had such a nice evening with your pals. The menu sounds Scrummy.

Lx

KraftyKoolKat said...

I love this CAS creation sweetie. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Patties Creations.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well, if your cool dude of a snowman leaning out the window doesn't make a person smile, I don't know what would!! CASlicious, Kathy, and well done spreading his joyfulness on the inside and around the envie, too!

I've also been by Maureen's and loved your card there! Congratulations on the guest design spot! She's got her hands full right now, so it's nice of you to step up and help her out! I need to put my thinking cap on and leave Valentines to go back to CCs so I can join in ... Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Debs M said...

Happy Monday - great card x

Deepti said...

So cute, I love that snowman :)

catherine said...

Great start to your xmas cards Kathy. Glad you all enjoyed your evening with guests
x catherine

Sandi said...

Thanks for playing in our "FUN IN THE SNOW" Challenge #106!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 213 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. x