Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Morning and welcome to a Tuesday morning

Morning all
 
Christmas decorations all down and put away for another eleven months and it's back to the routine - I have quite a nice life really and yesterday saw me meeting a pal for coffee locally, we nattered for a couple of hours over coffee - no cake, well you all know how this goes .... you've probably eaten ten days food in the last week so you understand why I didn't want a cake with that! This morning sees me chatting with another pal, she lives too far away for coffee so we'll be chatting by phone ..... each of us drinking coffee!! with luck and a prevailing phone line!!
 
Anyhoo, last evening hubby resumed his habit and toddled off to a meeting so I hit the table of craftiness with a movie on in the background .... Christmas movie - total pants so I moved on to re-runs of Stargate SG1 - MUCH better! and - water colouring. 2015 is the year of the water colour - at the purple palace anyway, I have vowed to get to grips with water colouring. Heaven knows I'm no artist so don't get the idea that there will be any great works of art appearing on my blog but I aim to use water colour more and to be more creative with them too - see how I'm starting off .........
 
 
Here's my water colour CAS card
 
And the co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square of 119lb water colour paper
  • Black card to mat
  • Brusho in black, diluted with a fair amount of water and brushed over the panel
  • Technique Tuesday "rose" image stamped using Distress Ink in black soot and then spritzed with water and allowed to run a little before blotting with paper towel
  • Technique Tuesday "rose" image stamped a second time (ever so slightly off set) using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" stamped numerous times using Versafine smoky grey ink
  • Paper Smooches sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Crafters Companion spray and shine applied to water colour panel to seal and protect the water based panel
 
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Happy Little Stampers - "Water Colour"
  2. That Craft Place - "Monochrome"
  3. Pan Pastels - "Clean And Simple"
  4. Stamplorations - "Stamps and Inks"
 
Wish me luck then!


17 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful card!

Lauren Hatwell said...

A beautiful card Kathy. I'm looking forward to sharing your watercolour journey and learning on the way.

Look forward to our chat later. Lx

Squirrel x said...

I love how you say you are not an artist Kathy, and then produce a stunning work of art! Love this. A lot. Hugs xx

SARN said...

Wonderful. Looks like the rose has a shadow and pops off the paper. Very effective.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

A wonderful start....looking forward to seeing more.

Sue - said...

Lovely card Kathy!

Loll Thompson said...

Beautiful Kathy. Love how you watered down the black to create a soft gray background ... so pretty and really sets off your double stamped rose. The technique looks amazing and the rose has to much depth. It looks 3-D! Love the splatters ... perfect finishing touch. Glad you having fun with your watercolours! Thanks for playing along with us again at HLS! Loll xx

Lesley Thomas said...

I still need to get my decs down, but they will be done before the end of the day. Love that rose stamp, you can do such a lot with it.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That is beautiful Kathy, I LOVE the way that rose seems to rise up off the page! Very effective! Hazel x

Cornelia W said...

Gorgeous card set, Kathy - I especially like the watercolor card with those fabulous splatters! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations again!

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards Thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel.xxx

Craftyrose said...

Love that rose, so elegant.xx

Debs M said...

Love the offset effect - great card x

Kylie said...

wow, wow, wow. Absolutely stunning, Kathy! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Joanna Harty said...

This card is so pretty! The black border really ties it together. I struggle with watercolors, I love it when other people do it, but I can't seem to get the hang of it...

Amanda said...

Hi Kathy, Beautifully done and sure would love to try water colouring! Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Amanda

Tracy said...

Wow Kathy....totally gorgeous case card ... loving it! So happy you joined the Pan pastel UK challenge. Xxx