Well, we made it to Friday again this week, passing through some vile weather ... wet and VERY windy and then blooming cold! We've even had snow this past week! Hope you are all OK and you have something nice to look forward to this weekend.
And we had a CALAMITY at the purple palace yesterday .... no internet when we awoke!!! It didn't come back until 14:00!!! OH MY GOSH .... you simply don't realise how often you just swing by on the way between two points!! I couldn't write letters, check my diary or e-mails - nothing .... but (on the plus side) I DID get all my ironing done! AND I made real headway on the second (of 14) Peter Robinson books a very generous friend gave me for Christmas and my husband generated two bin liners (trash bags) FULL of shredding from old paperwork ..... so it's not like the morning was a total bust!!!
Decided that I needed a break from ATC's (though there ARE more of them in this post ...) and crack on with a card .....
|And the co-ordinating insert and envelope|
- 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13cm and 14cm square white card panels and a snippet - for front, insert and image
- Black and Kraft card snippets (yes, I'm on a roll with snippets now!!!) for matting
- Acid Drops and Whatnots image and two sentiments stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Alcohol markers red/black/tan and a skin colour
- Kaisercraft small black self adhesive "pearl" embellishments to finish
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
|Paper Piecing a GREAT way to use lots of snippets!|
|And this shows just how many snippets got used in the making of the above ATC|
- ATC blank
- Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Sugar Nellie image before colouring round it with alcohol markers
- Sugar Nellie image stamped on to yellow, red and blue snippets of card using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then cut out jig saw fashion!
- Paper Artsy splatter image inked up with Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink but stampe doff once each time to lessen the depth of colour of the "rain"!
- Stickles to highlight the "puddle"
And, rather fortuitously, my package arrived FROM my Isle of Skye ATC swap buddy so I am happy to share pix of the materials that arrived AND what I made them in to .....
|My incoming materials: black satin ribbon and a silver heat embossed panel of patterned card|
|Talking of embossing I used this embossing folder on the finished project shown below|
|My finished ATC - with a couple of additional materials ...|
- Snippet of black card cut down to use as an ATC blank and also die cut scallop edged circle
- Snippet of white card for image
- On to the white snippet I stamped my Paper Artsy image using Versafine majestic blue ink, colouring with Distress Inks to add just a little colour (tea dye, black soot and peacock feathers) although the water colours don't show in the bright sunlight of this photo. I then close cut out the image and sprayed with Spray and Sparkle to give it some BLING!
- I ran the scallop edged circle of black card through the top part of the embossing folder shown above, turned it and ran it through again.
- Treasure Gold in amethyst applied (with a finger) to the embossed design to use as a highlight
And I'll be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:
- Penny's Paper Crafty challenge - "Anything Goes"
- MooMania - "Anything Goes"
- Crafts Galore - "Anything Goes"
And now for this week's Friday Funny, brought to you courtesy of Marsha and it's entitled ...
- Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller!
- Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!
- The day the world runs out of wine & beer is just too terrible to think about!
- I don't trip over things, I do random gravity checks!
- I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off!
- Old age is coming at a really bad time!
- When I was a child I thought Nap Time was a punishment ... now, as a grown up, it just feels like a small vacation!
- The biggest lie I tell myself is ... "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."
- Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!
- I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights". I'm just very wise.
- My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
- If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would've put them on my knees.
- The kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please. I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes".
- I like my middle finger best because it always sticks up for me!
- I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do the second week.
- When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?
- I've lost my mind and I'm pretty sure my kids took it!
- Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
- Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?
- Lord, Give me patience and give it to me NOW.
- Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.
- Oops! Did I roll my eyes out loud?
- At my age "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.