Saturday, 10 January 2015

Welcome to challenge Saturday

Hi there peeps,
 
What a wild and windy couple of days we've  had of late? I hear some of the U.K. was without power and or public transport (trains) and some of the more exposed roads and bridges were closed - hope you have all managed to stay safe dear readers.
 
I had occasion to make a masculine card and, unusually for me, I sat and thought about this BEFORE I started to make the project. I knew it had to be for a young teen and I knew I had a gift to go with it so ...... wanna see what I came up with?
 
My card - for a young male teen
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Awesome!

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

The component parts for the gift tag

VOILA!!! All wrapped up!
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square of white card + snippets for sentiment and also die cut in to two sizes of Go Kreate fancy tags
  • 14.1cm square grey card (for matting) and snippets for sentiment and die cut using the same set of Go Kreate tags
  • 12½cm square of gash paper, used to form a stencil around which I brushed Distress Ink in weathered wood
  • "S" thickness black Faber Castell Pitt pen, used to draw a border around my distress inking
  • I stamped the "circles" image from my Creative Expressions "Urban Beats" set using Adirondack red pepper ink
  • From the same set I stamped the stars (twice) using Distress Ink in weathered wood
  • Also from the same set I stamped the Happy Birthday using Versafine onyx black ink
  • From my Kaisercraft set (Mr Fox - yes, honestly!) I inked up the bar code image using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink but stamped off once before overstamping the Happy Birthday
  • Crafters Companion spray and Shine applied to protect the water based inks in transit, although this project is set to be hand delivered!!
 
A you can see, I carried my design across the insert, envelope and tag using the same images and inks before wrapping my gift using Costco paper and some graduated grey stretchy ribbon. I hope you will agree with me that this project is suitable for a young male teen.
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Dare to be Sassy Thursday - "Anything Goes"
  2. DLArt - "Anything with red" optional "Thank You"
  3. Cute Card Thursday - "What's New" .... being the concept of matching the whole gift/tag/card and, of course, the gift is NEW too
There are a lot of new challenges out there today and I normally like to enter a few - quite a few of them feature "New Beginnings" which is setting me thinking.
 
My card
Hmm, sentiment looks straighter IRL!
And my co-ordinating inside and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Close to my Heart "business woman" image stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink
  • Unknown clear stamp set (but I've a feeling it might be Hampton Art) "Happy" and "New Job" sentiments stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - ONE LAYER CARD - "New Beginnings"
  2. Left of Centre - "A New Start"
  3. Dragons Lair Designs - "New Beginnings"
 
See you all

31 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Love the matching tags

Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

Love the grey and red colour combo, fab tags too x

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards xx Jan

SARN said...

Fabulous teenage card, envelope, tags etc Kathy. Spot on.

LOVING the new job card too. Don't see many of those around do you? Love the sassy female image.

Happy Saturday to you. V blowy & rainy here . . . perfect crafting weather!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jane said...

Love the teenage boy card and that stamp set! I bought it because I saw you use it last year but haven't used it enough so thanks for more inspiration.

Clare Lloyd said...

Love the red and grey combo.

Viv's Visuals said...

Grey and red colour combo just perfect for a teen Kathy and the new job card is such a cool idea!

Sid said...

Great card Kathy & a Happy New Year !

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic cards Kathy and a superb image on the LIM one and a great idea.
Also love the first one as the colours pop and it's so cool. Matching gift tag and envelope = AMAZING attention to detail as always.
thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is More

Lauren Hatwell said...

Loving the gorgeous red and grey. Your card is perfect for the job in hand and I'm sure it will go down a storm. Love that wrapping paper too. It's scrummy!

Good luck with your challenges.

Lx

Craftyrose said...

Inspirational.xx

Gerrina said...

Such a detailed gift! Super the little grungy and the red! Your LIM-card is great CAS and some other new beginning as the most cards will be! Have a good week, Gerrina

Tiya-B said...

love the wrapping for the gift and the matching card is fantastic great design.

Kim Kelley said...

Very cool and will fit for all types of people. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Lynne said...

Two fabulous cards Kathy. Great New Job card with very cool colours. Love the grunge one too.
Lynne xxx

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards. That artful grungy masculine card is just awesome (as the barcode says). I know I've stopped by a couple of times, but I never hit the follow button (shame on me!) That problem will be remedied now. :D

LesleyG said...

Fabulous Teen card, just perfect, and so is the wrapping, love those tags xxx

Barbiedi said...

fab cards, i love the way that you compliment your envelopes and tags to match, the teen card is a brilliant idea for a teen which i find especially difficult to make when i don't know what they like. thanks for joining our challenge on dragons lair.

Glittertastic said...

Love these cards - it's a great idea to make the matching envelopes.

Sharon
x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a great take on the challenge Kathy! great job - no pun intended - terrific CAS card! Hazel x

Chrissie said...

What a cool image for the new job card Kathy!
The other one is pretty fab too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Love your grungy birthday card set Kathy, fabulous design. Great one layer card too, shame about the wonky sentiment but I love the makeover you did today. Carol x

Melly Moo said...

Love the new job card and matching envelope- Rebecca x

NanB said...

Love carrying the theme from beginning of gift to end! And love the red! Thanks for playing with us at LOC!

Anne said...

Fab cards Kathy, I love the large, hollow sentiment stamp.
Thank you for taking part at Less is More this week
Anne
LIM

Steph said...

Wonderful cards! The first is perfect for a young male. Love your new job card too, fab idea with the matching envelope. Thanks for sharing with us over at Left of Center Challenges.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love both your CAS cards! Thansk for sharing with Dragons Lair!

DIANA L. said...

Great cards I lovethe tags to.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #148 “USE RED” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

BEX said...

Love the simplicity. Hard to do without it looking plain so kudos. Thanks for sharing at LOC.

KristyLee said...

Pretty cards, and I like how you have decorated the envelopes!
Thanks for sharing with us at LOC!
Peace,
Kristy
(LOC DT)

KristyLee said...

Pretty cards, and I like how you have decorated the envelopes!
Thanks for sharing with us at LOC!
Peace,
Kristy
(LOC DT)