After all the cold and all the wet weather we've had lately I have just GREY to report in the past couple of days ... dull and grey!!! Hmm, I would almost (note I said ALMOST) rather have the frost and snow but, I shouldn't complain as I've not had to defrost the car in order to leave home and that's a big plus at this time of year!, especially since some of my blogging buddy's are more likely to have to dig their cars out of the snow - so I'll try not to sound ungrateful! That said, there's a hard white frost out there this morning and I'm so glad I've nowhere particular to be today!!!
Anyhoo, the grey has not encouraged me to go out simply for the sake of it so what I've been doing instead is .... crafting which, as you surely all know, is something that I love to do - it makes me happy. I'm retired (yes, rather early I know) so HAPPY is GOOD! Want to see what I've been up to since my last post?
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square and a 14½cm square of white card (I edged the larger panel with Versafine crimson ink - to co-ordinate the image panel)
- Black card for matting
- Heidi Swapp heart stencil, gloss gel medium and copper watercolour powder mixed and then applied through the stencil, using a plastic spatula
- Inkadinkado hearts stamped multiple times using Versafine crimson
- Imagine That sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using Versafine onyx black ink, the Inkadinkado heart added and then matted on to a larger snippet of white card which I edged using the crimson ink
|The Hearts set I used|
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
- That Craft Place - "Love/Valentine" - I went with an anniversary card / LOVE
- CAS on Sunday - "Stencil It"
- Simon says stamp - "Have a Heart"
- Penny's Paper Craft - "Anything Goes"
- IKEA gift wrap
- Stretchy yarn to embellish wrap
- White card snippet
- Go Kreate fancy tag die cut .....
- I drew around the very outside of the tag so I knew where the die cut would be ...
- Narrow double sided tape - to add "stripes" to co-ordinate with the wrap
- Red tinsel embossing powder heat embossed
- We R Memory Keepers plane image stamped on to another snippet using Versafine onyx black ink
- Dimensional foam tape to attach plane to tag
|And, as usual, the co-ordinating insert and envelope|
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- WE R Memory Keepers "plane" image stamped on to a snippet of white card using Versafine onyx black ink and again on to a post it to use as a mask
- Unknown manufacturer (whilst it's wooden mounted I can no longer read the name!!) "cloud" image stamped over masked image using Memento London fog ink
- I matted the image panel first on to snippets of red and then on to black card using my perfect layering rulers (1/16" and 3/16") and a craft knife
- Using double sided tape I made my stripes on to another snippet of white card (first dusted with talc to avoid as many "stray" specks as possible before sprinkling red tinsel embossing powder, dusting off the excess and then heat embossing.
- The striped panel was then matted on to yet another snippet of black card to create a 1/16" border
- On to the base card I stamped my Inkadinkado "Party" sentiment twice, using Hero Arts Neon pink ink and then, using Versafine onyx black ink I stamped my Imagine That sentiment
Loadsa snippets used again for this card - HUZZAH! I wasn't sure about the neon pink when I first did it but, boy, is it growing on me? So much so that I went on to start another neon card later ...
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
- Crafty Gals Corner - "Let's Hear it for the Boys"
- Crafting for all seasons - "Things with Wings" - planes have wings!!!
- MooMania - "Anything Goes" - doesn't HAVE to be a Moo
- The Paper Players - CAS (Clean And Simple)
- Left of Centre - "Layer it up" .. count them, there are five ... six if you count the double sided tape/embossing powder!
- Fussy and Fancy challenge - "Things with wings"!
Having had a few days where my mojo had gone walkabout it would seem to have gotten bored and come home ....
|And my co-ordinating inside and envelope|
- White DL, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Inkadinkado sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
- Brusho's water colour crystals in orange and emerald green colour washed on to my image
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine, to seal the water based colours
- Snippets of black card and green card for matting and layering in conjunction with my perfect layering templates (1/16" and 3/16")
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Simply Less Is More - "Friends"
- Happy Little Stampers - "Water Colour"
- Uniko Studio - "Love and Friendship" - using the friendship element
- CASology - "Friend"
MORE snippets used too!!! And, if Darnell's NBUS challenge hadn't closed I'd have been able to enter it as that Friends image has just seen ink for the first time .... but hey .... enough of the crafting though I confess, I'm so glad the mojo's back! ..... now for the Friday Funny - brought to us this week courtesy of ScrappyJacky - thanks matey - keep 'em coming!